The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP: Further Maths GCSE this Summer!

Hey all,

I am writing as I really need advice and help! As part of my revision, I just attempted a past paper... June 2013... and gained a pitiful 20 out of 70 marks (non calculator). This is a C grade.

I had done no prior revision, however. I am aiming to get an A* in Further Maths as I'm planning on doing it for A Level. Please, could somebody give me some advice as to how to improve this grade, as the mark scheme is very vague and inexplanatory and so I'm struggling to learn from these mistakes. I have little time left.

Thankyou so much, and good luck with all of your Easter revision and Summer exams!

Ellie
Hello!

Im in the exact same position. I did a past paper and got 30/70. past exam practice is ok, but the questions are always changing so my best advice would be cover all the topics with secure knowledge and do some exercises from the a level M1 books which has some bits of further maths practoce you can do. Theres loads of good websites for help like hegarty maths and exam solutions. My class still havent finished learning the course! Good luck xx
Reply 2
Original post by violingirl99
Hello!

Im in the exact same position. I did a past paper and got 30/70. past exam practice is ok, but the questions are always changing so my best advice would be cover all the topics with secure knowledge and do some exercises from the a level M1 books which has some bits of further maths practoce you can do. Theres loads of good websites for help like hegarty maths and exam solutions. My class still havent finished learning the course! Good luck xx

That's 10 marks better than me! Pretty sure thats only 5 marks off an A! Thankyou so much, never heard of either of those sites or the text book so I'll definitely be giving that a go. Let me know how you get on xx

Quick Reply

Latest