The Student Room Group

Further Maths as a third for law

Hi,
When I chose my A-Levels originally in the summer i had absolutely no idea about what I would like to study at university so I chose the three that I am the best at, (further maths, maths and economics). However, recently I have been thinking about it and have decided that I would like to study law. I am wondering if having further maths as a third would hinder my chances of getting into a law course at university, especially competitive ones. I am able to switch further maths for history which I am assuming would then make it a better combination and I did enjoy history at GCSE and got a 9. However, I love further maths and think I would be able to acheive an A/A* and would obviously prefer to do it over history. Any help would be really appreciated, thank you.
Can you not do four A-Levels?
Reply 2
Original post by extantprotein
Hi,
When I chose my A-Levels originally in the summer i had absolutely no idea about what I would like to study at university so I chose the three that I am the best at, (further maths, maths and economics). However, recently I have been thinking about it and have decided that I would like to study law. I am wondering if having further maths as a third would hinder my chances of getting into a law course at university, especially competitive ones. I am able to switch further maths for history which I am assuming would then make it a better combination and I did enjoy history at GCSE and got a 9. However, I love further maths and think I would be able to acheive an A/A* and would obviously prefer to do it over history. Any help would be really appreciated, thank you.

Would you enjoy law then? All your interests looks maths based. You could do a degree similar to your a-levels like economics and do a law conversion afterwards!
Reply 3
Original post by lockets
Would you enjoy law then? All your interests looks maths based. You could do a degree similar to your a-levels like economics and do a law conversion afterwards!

I think I would enjoy law, I really liked english and history gcse and i enjoy writing essays. I love maths but I wouldnt want to do a degree in it or something similar as none of the professions after graduation really appeal to me at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Leaderboard
Can you not do four A-Levels?

I could but the only other one Id want to do is history but it clashes with further maths so i cant do both.
Reply 5
Original post by extantprotein
I think I would enjoy law, I really liked english and history gcse and i enjoy writing essays. I love maths but I wouldnt want to do a degree in it or something similar as none of the professions after graduation really appeal to me at all.

I think then switching further maths for history is a good idea then. At least you will stay have some maths but also some writing which would support a law degree.

Quick Reply

Latest