The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accommodation for nursing and midwifery students at the University of York

Ive got an offer at york uni, for adult nursing starting in september and need to know a bit about the accommodation. On the uni's website it says there is en-suite accommodation for nurses in James or Alcuin college. Just wondering which is the best college in terms of being with other healthcare students, how accessible it is to other facilities on campus and their reputation for social events. Thanks!
Hi Sophie. We house our nursing and midwifery students together across five colleges, so you'll definitely have other healthcare students nearby. Our college is compact and really easy to get around, so you'll be close to facilities wherever you are. This map will help you to get an idea of where each college is located:

http://www.york.ac.uk/about/maps/campus/

All our colleges offer lots of social events but our students are the real experts! Can anyone help Sophie?

Let me know if you have any more questions!

- AM
University of York
York
I got a place for mental health nursing for september, i was told that all nursing students are together in the halls… thats about the extent of my knowledge :/
Original post by danpiggins
I got a place for mental health nursing for september, i was told that all nursing students are together in the halls… thats about the extent of my knowledge :/

Hi Dan,

Here are the rooms and prices for our 2015/16 nursing student accommodation:

http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/support-and-admin/accommodation/newprospectivestudents/undergraduates/nursing-and-midwifery/

When you log in to our system, you'll only be shown these options so you don't need to worry about remembering which ones to apply for!

I hope that's a help! Do you have any questions about our accommodation?

AM
Thank you, yes I have a question about what the general ratio of male and females is within the halls for nursing students.... I had a friend who said there was 1 male to 15 females on one floor.... Not that there is anything wrong with that but It would be nice to have another male on the floor
Original post by danpiggins
Thank you, yes I have a question about what the general ratio of male and females is within the halls for nursing students.... I had a friend who said there was 1 male to 15 females on one floor.... Not that there is anything wrong with that but It would be nice to have another male on the floor

Hi Dan,

We tend to have fewer males than females on the nursing programme, so it is tricky, but we try to have more than one male student on a floor/in a flat if we can (ie if more than one male student has applied for the same room type, we will try to put them together)

Do you know anyone else who is joining the nursing programme next year? It's worth comparing notes and applying for the same type of accommodation to increase your chances of being housed together!

AM
Original post by University of York
Hi Dan,

We tend to have fewer males than females on the nursing programme, so it is tricky, but we try to have more than one male student on a floor/in a flat if we can (ie if more than one male student has applied for the same room type, we will try to put them together)

Do you know anyone else who is joining the nursing programme next year? It's worth comparing notes and applying for the same type of accommodation to increase your chances of being housed together!

AM

Thank you, it's was just a general query

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending