The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Clearing at DMU: Student Perspective

Clearing at DMU:
Hi everyone, I am Emily, a third-year student nurse at DMU. As some of you may be aware clearing is an option if you were unsuccessful with your original applications. DON’T WORRY !! I know this is easier said than done but I have been in your shoes.:vroam:

I applied for five universities to study midwifery which is a competitive course. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful for all five applications resulting in me being very unsure of what to do next.:confused:
I phoned DMU clearing up because I had been offered a course from DMU, but this was not a course I wanted to take. When I phoned DMU clearing I explained that I originally wanted to study midwifery but had been unsuccessful and I wanted advice on what I could do next.:iiam:

The person I spoke to was lovely and reassured me not to worry and that everything would work out okay:rave: Together we went through my options and we discovered I had the grades to study nursing and paramedicine.:woohoo: I decided that I wanted to pursue the option of applying to study Adult Nursing at DMU. The lady advised me how to turn down the offer I obtained and talked me through step by step how to apply for Adult Nursing.:ms: Within a week of applying through clearing I heard back from DMU offering me an interview! After my interview with one of the lecturers I received an offer two days later.:party:

From there I was emailed support regarding the finance, including step by step information about how I apply for student finance including tuition fees and maintenance loans, and I received information around accommodation - but I stayed living at home so this was not something I was personally involved with. My course required me to fill in forms including information regarding vaccination status and occupational health review due to working in a hospital and this was all explained via emails and contact details were attached for anything I was unsure about.

This is my personal experience of clearing and I am happy to answer any question on here or on the The Ambassador Platform if you wish to have a more personalised conversation. Please feel free to message me and please don’t worry. The clearing team are there to support you to find the correct course for you and it’s not too late to start your university journey!:smartass:

All the best!
Emily:bee:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending