The Student Room Group

Motivation to revise:

The problem is I know that I will do reasonably well with very minimal revision, probably 6-8 A*s the rest A's, but at the same time I also know that it is important to revise or else I could end up with a horrible shock. So I start to revise and then about 20 minutes in I just think 'this is easy, I know it all anyway' and then just give up. Any advice?
Stop reading the books, sit down and just go through the whole course in your head. It takes less time, does the same work, and is more challenging.
Reply 2
Original post by OVOXO6
The problem is I know that I will do reasonably well with very minimal revision, probably 6-8 A*s the rest A's, but at the same time I also know that it is important to revise or else I could end up with a horrible shock. So I start to revise and then about 20 minutes in I just think 'this is easy, I know it all anyway' and then just give up. Any advice?

In the thread 'Is there actually any point trying to get great GCSE results?' many people have replied saying that current yr 11s might not do As levels, which means universities may have to use our GCSE results for applications. This gave me motivation :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BreakingRise
Stop reading the books, sit down and just go through the whole course in your head. It takes less time, does the same work, and is more challenging.

Thanks, ill give it a try.
Original post by OVOXO6

If you are very confident and competent, go through exam papers and only do the last few questions/longest questions/look hardest questions. If you have a textbook or revision questions, skip to the hardest ones. Maybe just do a whole past paper and have high expectations, maybe about 80%+ and revise the subjects you think you will get A in first perhaps. :smile:
Reply 5
Just think revising wont harm you? ALL im looking forward to is the summer holidays!
Original post by OVOXO6

you should look at this thread which is similar to yours:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3238067&page=4&p=54729877&highlight=#post54729877

Quick Reply

Latest