The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Studying History & Russian at UCL

Hello, so I just got an offer for the 4 year course in History & Russian (RV71), but now that I go back to their webstie and read about the course, the information given is so sparse and lacking that it makes it seem like you only study History for a single year. All in all, I'm afraid that the course will comprise of more Russian than history. What I would like would be an equal amount of both, or even something more focused on history.
I'm quite lost.
Does anyone know if this is the case, and could give me some information on it?
If not, I also have offers in History at KCL and Durham, but right now UCL is my first choice.
Original post by Tryb
Hello, so I just got an offer for the 4 year course in History & Russian (RV71), but now that I go back to their webstie and read about the course, the information given is so sparse and lacking that it makes it seem like you only study History for a single year. All in all, I'm afraid that the course will comprise of more Russian than history. What I would like would be an equal amount of both, or even something more focused on history.
I'm quite lost.
If not, I also have offers in History at KCL and Durham, but right now UCL is my first choice.

By the sounds of things, the degrees are very much language focused (I'm doing Scandinavian Studies), but like you, I want to strongly focus on History. After checking with the admissions people it seems to be quite flexible in the final years. You can choose your own courses to make up your degree alongside the compulsary ones. Honestly the best thing to do is just to email the tutors and ask them, they know more than any student will. But yeah, UCL is my firm choice as well because they really seem to know what they're doing :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Tryb
I'm quite lost.

I'm not sure where you're looking but there is a lot of information on the website. Click here to see the degree structure and click here to see all the available modules and their descriptions. The course is split 50/50 between Russian and history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending