The Student Room Group

How do you receive mail in uni?

How do you receive mail when living in uni halls? I know some halls have mail boxes, but what about big parcels when your signature is needed?
My uni has a durning centre(may be called something different) and all parcels get sent there =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
There's always at least one hall with an office (or something like that) that takes those in. You just need to go there. But some don't take them if they arrive on weekends if I'm right.
My halls had postboxes (one per flat) for smaller post, and parcels had to be collected from halls reception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
In my uni we had little post boxes for letters. Parcels were taken to the hall's security office and signed for by the security staff there.
At my uni, we had a mail room to pick up everything from.

Our RA was supposed to collect letters and deliver them to our halls post boxes but no such luck. This might have changed now as it was 2 years ago.
Reply 6
We have postboxes per flat/townhouse just outside the main mailroom. Anything large which needed to be signed for, you had to get in the mailroom This worked fine and haven't had any problems, but our post room is only open for 4 hours on a weekday so can be a bit annoying at times.
We have a reception which has a mailing slot for each flat, reception staff handle the packages and packages are stored in the reception office.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We had a postbox for each flat in the laundry room, and notes about parcels got posted in there too. We either had to collect it from the RA or if a signature was required we had to go get it from the sorting office/post office.
Ours was on a slightly smaller scale, being college-based rather than through the wider university, but we had a manned reception that would accept all post. Each of us had an individual mailbox and key, where smaller post/small parcels would be delivered to collect (the porters all had a master key so even medium-sized packages could be placed in our boxes, even if they didn't fit through the letter slot) and we would be given a parcel slip for anything bigger where we would go and collect from from behind the reception desk.
Generally when you're having a formal meal, owls fly in to deliver your mail.
Reply 11
Original post by Arkasia
Generally when you're having a formal meal, owls fly in to deliver your mail.

Damn. Is it like in Harry Potter?
Original post by daryZ
Damn. Is it like in Harry Potter?

Exactly like that. Exactly. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending