The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawlieto
I got AAAA (maths, further maths, chem, bio, dropped bio and took up AS physics this year). but I have only 2 gcses as I'm from abroad (this is the only reason I can think of why Warwick wouldn't give me an offer and why UCL wouldn't invite me for an interview...)

The only GCSE requirements I know of for UCL course is C in English Language and B in Maths. Since you got A in both Maths and Further Maths I wouldn't worry about the Maths GCSE requirement haha. Warwick I'm not too sure about GCSEs.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by LordGaben
The only GCSE requirements I know of for UCL course is C in English Language and B in Maths. Since you got A in both Maths and Further Maths I wouldn't worry about the Maths GCSE requirement haha. Warwick I'm not too sure about GCSEs.

Yes, I know about the requirements but other applicants have tons of A*s and As at GCSE :smile:
Yes, I know about the requirements but other applicants have tons of A*s and As at GCSE :smile:

Oh ok i see what you mean. AAAA in 4 science subjects and taking up AS physics whilst carrying on with the most relevant 3 should still make your application competitive though. Did you speak to unis before applying?
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh ok i see what you mean. AAAA in 4 science subjects and taking up AS physics whilst carrying on with the most relevant 3 should still make your application competitive though. Did you speak to unis before applying?

I only spoke to Oxford and Imperial and they said they were fine. (Imperial already invited me for an interview)

Still learning chemistry at this hour haha :smile:
I only spoke to Oxford and Imperial and they said they were fine. (Imperial already invited me for an interview)

Still learning chemistry at this hour haha :smile:

Oh thats encouraging! What date did you pick for the interview? And what you covering haha? OCR Salters B coursework kept me up till 3am!
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh thats encouraging! What date did you pick for the interview? And what you covering haha? OCR Salters B coursework kept me up till 3am!

18th of November. I wanted to go for the 11th first but I thought I'd just offer my help in chemistry to everyone and then I get to explain things to gain some experience in it.

I'm going through my AS syllabus to make sure I remember everything (except for green chemistry lol....) I'm doing OCR A and it's becoming more and more disappointing! There's no SN1 mentioned anywhere (not even in A2), the only side note I can see on the specification is that "this and this is not required" and my college admittedly changed to it because it is said to be simpler than the other boards....
18th of November. I wanted to go for the 11th first but I thought I'd just offer my help in chemistry to everyone and then I get to explain things to gain some experience in it.

I'm going through my AS syllabus to make sure I remember everything (except for green chemistry lol....) I'm doing OCR A and it's becoming more and more disappointing! There's no SN1 mentioned anywhere (not even in A2), the only side note I can see on the specification is that "this and this is not required" and my college admittedly changed to it because it is said to be simpler than the other boards....

It was similar for us. We never had to learn the difference between SN1 and SN2 or refer to it as that. We did learn more mechanisms though. Nucleophilic addition etc. And yh green chemistry is bit dead haha.

My interview is 25th Nov. Good luck! :smile:
It was similar for us. We never had to learn the difference between SN1 and SN2 or refer to it as that. We did learn more mechanisms though. Nucleophilic addition etc. And yh green chemistry is bit dead haha.

My interview is 25th Nov. Good luck! :smile:

and I think your practicals/coursework is better (ie more challenging :biggrin: :biggrin:) than ours. Good luck for your interview too :smile: Which uni is your first choice?
Original post by Ariel'sFork
Has anyone heard about Pharmacy?

I haven't heard anything either do you know when they reply
when did you apply?
Hi, Im applying for the same degree! :smile: Have you heard anything back yet?
Original post by ILovePancakes
Course: Liberal Arts and Sciences
GCSE: 9A*s 2As 1B
IB: 38 765 765 2 (History; English; French; Geography; Physics; Maths)
IB predictions for resits: 42 776 776
A Level predictions: A*Aa* (Religious Studies; Government and Politics; EPQ)

Further information: English and Maths were two and one UMS from the grade above respectively. French was a 5 because ****ed up one exam and got 42%. In my 'gap' year, I'm studying two A Levels, the EPQ (on oil sustainability) and resitting English, Maths and French.
and I think your practicals/coursework is better (ie more challenging :biggrin: :biggrin:) than ours. Good luck for your interview too :smile: Which uni is your first choice?

Cambridge if Im feeling very optimistic haha You?
Original post by TheGeekGal
Hi, Im applying for the same degree! :smile: Have you heard anything back yet?

I had to fill out a supplementary questionnaire.
Cambridge if Im feeling very optimistic haha You?

Oxford chemistry :smile: their stats are not that bad.... 27% accepted is actually high. (well compared to medicine) I didn't want to go for NatSci as I couldn't purely do chemistry for the first (or the first two?) years :frown:
Oxford chemistry :smile: their stats are not that bad.... 27% accepted is actually high. (well compared to medicine) I didn't want to go for NatSci as I couldn't purely do chemistry for the first (or the first two?) years :frown:

CompSci was 12% :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh 27% is pretty good. NatSci is bit lower I think :frown:
Yo - Applying for statistics at UCL

11 A* @ GCSE
4As AS level 94UMS average ish
A*A*A*A* prediction A2 (Maths, Further, Physics, Compsci)

Applying to Oxford Imperial and LSE too.
Applying to UCL For English, interview next week ✌🏼️ anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sid1234
Yo - Applying for statistics at UCL

11 A* @ GCSE
4As AS level 94UMS average ish
A*A*A*A* prediction A2 (Maths, Further, Physics, Compsci)

Applying to Oxford Imperial and LSE too.

Damn. That UMS tho.

Why not Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emsybearboho
Applying to UCL For English, interview next week ✌🏼️ anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for English- not heard anything yet 😬 Good luck for your interview!
Original post by Georgiexlouise
Applied to UCL for history, been emailed back asking me to write a 500 word answer to the question 'How do historians prove their ideas/arguments?' Answer using an historical book you have read.

Has anyone else received this email?

I've applied for history too, sent my application off on the 15 Oct but haven't received an email like that. When did you send your application off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending