The Student Room Group

What would you think if you saw a girl in mens swimming shorts?

Basically, I'm going on holiday next week and have self-harm scars that cover both of my thighs. I thought they might have gone down before this holiday but they're still angry and purpley. Half of me thinks **** what people think about my scars but then the other half wants me to cover up, which is where the shorts come in. Would it be weird to wear swimming shorts? If you saw a girl wearing them, why would you think they were wearing them?

I'm not usually so self-conscious about trivial things like this but this is really getting me for some reason.
I recommend going like this.
I think it would look fine! Like with a bikini top and mens swimming shorts? like this sort of thing: even if you wore longer shorts, it would still look fine.
Get one of those swimming suits that looks like a skirt.
Reply 4
Original post by roselestrange
I think it would look fine! Like with a bikini top and mens swimming shorts? like this sort of thing: even if you wore longer shorts, it would still look fine.

Yeah, like that. Thanks :smile:

Original post by crosstalk

Still too short really.
The moral of this story: Don't cut yourself kids.
Original post by Anonymous
If you saw a girl wearing them, why would you think they were wearing them?

I would think that she, like a lot of women, was conscious about her body.

I've seen women wear them before, I'd even say it can look pretty cool.

Don't worry so much and do what makes you happy. Have a good vacation. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by crosstalk

I agree with crosstalk, they look quite sexy also...
Reply 8
I would think "why should I care so much about what item of clothing she's wearing..."
Half of me thinks **** what people think about my scars but then the other half wants me to cover up, which is where the shorts come in.

Both halves make perfect sense to me, although my favourite half is the first :-) the scars are part of your story and part of what makes you a unique individual. If I saw your marks I wouldn't freak out or think anything bad. I'd hang with you and get to know your personality just like I would with anybody else.
but it's your choice and your comfort is important. Girls in shorts rock. There are so many drones who just follow the herd when it comes to clothing choices, and that's boring. so wear 'em with pride in the knowledge that you're frikkin cool!
She's borrowed her boyfriend's? :dontknow:
Thanks guys :smile: I'll take some with me but just gauge how I feel when I get there. Sometimes they look really obvious but sometimes you can only really see if you properly look.
Could you do temporary or henna tattoos to cover it?
Thanks guys :smile: I'll take some with me but just gauge how I feel when I get there. Sometimes they look really obvious but sometimes you can only really see if you properly look.

I often wear board shorts, you can get very girly ones aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine that being rather cute actually, on the other hand, **** everyone else. Out of interest, where ya going?

Quick Reply

Latest