The Student Room Group

Life in prison or the death penalty for Boston Marathon Bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The two eds
My god you are a prime example of why far left parties could be the end of this country. Good God, how can one feel sympathy for scum like this man, unless you agree with what he did?

I don't think the guy is agreeing with the Boston bomber at all.
Reply 81
Original post by PowelliteScum :)
Without coming across as a bellend, but your personal beliefs are irrelevant. War is not "illegal" as such, but there are of course illegal wars. When it comes to the subject of killing there are right and wrong kinds of killing in the eyes of international law. Yes you might think all killing is murder, but in the eyes of the UN it is not.

But yeah, the death penalty is wrong on any and all accounts.

Well no not all killing is murder but almost all killing is wrong. Unless it's an accident.

good.
Original post by The two eds
My god you are a prime example of why far left parties could be the end of this country. Good God, how can one feel sympathy for scum like this man, unless you agree with what he did?
i don't sympathise with him and don't agree with what he did. But killing with him or locking him away is pointless.
No we do condemn Islamists for executing criminals and this is right, I am saying we cannot condemn them and then go on to do it ourselves. .

no, we dont:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PowelliteScum [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];54890361]
It does make a difference in the eyes of young Muslims who may not be extremists, but will see this and then listen to some Islamic radical preacher who points out the hypocrisy which drives the young Muslim away from society and further disenfranchises the community as a whole.

I hate the scumbag as much as you, but it would be better if he rots for a lifetime in prison.
muslims that listen to islamist preachers and sheikhs etc will commit crimes regardless - this idiot came from chechnya which usa has supported against russian opression, but still he went to usa to commit attrocities - this is the level of islamist indcotrination you are delaing with, no logic, no thinking, just mindlessless bloodlust. his execution will make no diffrence, noone cares about him specifically - they are lured to the islamist 'cause' he was fixed to and propaganda.

which is why the way to attack the problem is to tackle the propaganda at source - the sheikhs, preachers, islamist groups and fundraisers.
Reply 83
As an Amnesty International supporter, I do not believe in the death penalty under any circumstances. Even though he is guilty, I don't believe that another human should have the right to choose whether a person lives or dies. I think he should be sentenced to life imprisoned. Although I do think it is highly unlikely he'll be rehabilitated to see the error of his ways, but I do believe that the death penalty is the easy way out and is intrinsically wrong.
Original post by Chakede
no, we dont:rolleyes:

muslims that listen to islamist preachers and sheikhs etc will commit crimes regardless - this idiot came from chechnya which usa has supported against russian opression, but still he went to usa to commit attrocities - this is the level of islamist indcotrination you are delaing with, no logic, no thinking, just mindlessless bloodlust. his execution will make no diffrence, noone cares about him specifically - they are lured to the islamist 'cause' he was fixed to and propaganda.

which is why the way to attack the problem is to tackle the propaganda at source - the sheikhs, preachers, islamist groups and fundraisers.

Give me an example where the British government has not condemned murders by a group such as ISIS?

And no Muslims that listen to Islamist hate preachers do not necessarily go on to commit crimes. Some do, but a lot don't. A lot of Muslims in Britain watch video by people like Anjem Choudary, but don't go on to commit terrorism. Some do, the majority don't.

Now I don't like Islam at all, but lets make sure we critique it correctly and not be silly.
Original post by flibber
That's as flawed as saying that taxation is 'government-sanctioned theft'.

Where is the flaw in that?
Reply 87
Despite it being brutal, the death penalty is probably the best option. Keeping him in prison for life would just cost the country a lot of money to keep him there.
Reply 88
Original post by al_94

This doesn't explain anything. Furthermore, he was found guilty of 30 different counts in a legal court, so I don't see any inconsistency. Do you? If so, where are these inconsistencies or errors?
Give me an example where the British government has not condemned murders by a group such as ISIS?

you getting confused by your own bs now - you said at first we condemn islamists for 'executing criminals '- we dont. now you are talking about executing innocent hostages - THATS DIFFERENT. islamists do this because they are depraived animals - and its not just started with isis - almost every islamist organisation has done this for decades - wake up.

[QUOTE=PowelliteScum [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];54890681]
And no Muslims that listen to Islamist hate preachers do not necessarily go on to commit crimes. Some do, but a lot don't. A lot of Muslims in Britain watch video by people like Anjem Choudary, but don't go on to commit terrorism. Some do, the majority don't.

Now I don't like Islam at all, but lets make sure we critique it correctly and not be silly.
they may listen and would like to commit these crimes - but dont have the opportunity or capability to commit them. you seem to think the only islamist influnced indoctrinate is the one that tries to blow themselves up - NO. there are plenty that share the same ideology of this Tsarnasev idiot this very minute; but instead they spread propaganda on websites or simply raise funding for islamsit groups etc
Original post by Chakede
you getting confused by your own bs now - you said at first we condemn islamists for 'executing criminals '- we dont. now you are talking about executing innocent hostages - THATS DIFFERENT. islamists do this because they are depraived animals - and its not just started with isis - almost every islamist organisation has done this for decades - wake up.

they may listen and would like to commit these crimes - but dont have the opportunity or capability to commit them. you seem to think the only islamist influnced indoctrinate is the one that tries to blow themselves up - NO. there are plenty that share the same ideology of this Tsarnasev idiot this very minute; but instead they spread propaganda on websites or simply raise funding for islamsit groups etc

And those who raise funds for Islamist groups get caught and imprisoned. There is not much we can do about "propaganda" because of the freedom of speech, but if they are spreading and inciting violence then they are dealt with by the police.
And those who raise funds for Islamist groups get caught and imprisoned. .
not all of them do - in fact new legilation was proposed to make it possible to jail more of these ppl-much so terrorism is funded form the west via pretend islamic 'charities' - which have never been policed properly here to make sure money goes to good causes, not islamists.
[QUOTE=PowelliteScum [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];54892233]
There is not much we can do about "propaganda" because of the freedom of speech, but if they are spreading and inciting violence then they are dealt with by the police.
we can , and should do more. that is the only way to reduce the influence on idiots like this
Death penalty 100%. No point wasting anymore time or money rehabilitating/feeding/funding murderers who are against the law of the country
lmao some of the comments on this thread are just as barbaric as the act he is guilty of.
Personally I think he deserves prison which leads on to rehabilitation and eventually him being released back into society if he is deemed not a threat anymore.

Although what he did was barbaric, I think the death penalty is simply barbaric and shouldn't be used on anyone. Besides, he wanted to die anyways so wouldn't that actually help him?

I also don't think him rotting in prison for the rest of eternity is good either - I think he was simply delusional and misguided by both his own brother and his own rationale that he was doing the right thing.
Reply 94
Original post by iodo345
Death penalty 100%. No point wasting anymore time or money rehabilitating/feeding/funding murderers who are against the law of the country

American capital punishment is significantly more expensive to the tax-payer than life imprisonment in actual fact. It's a common misconception that capital punishment is cheaper - but it really isn't because of all the legal processes and appeals which usually take many years.
Original post by Kyou
lmao some of the comments on this thread are just as barbaric as the act he is guilty of.
Personally I think he deserves prison which leads on to rehabilitation and eventually him being released back into society if he is deemed not a threat anymore.

Although what he did was barbaric, I think the death penalty is simply barbaric and shouldn't be used on anyone. Besides, he wanted to die anyways so wouldn't that actually help him?

I also don't think him rotting in prison for the rest of eternity is good either - I think he was simply delusional and misguided by both his own brother and his own rationale that he was doing the right thing.

by Hitlers own rationale he was doing the 'right thing'
Original post by miser
I'm against the death penalty so I don't believe he should get that. However, life in prison is hardly any better than the death penalty in my opinion, and perhaps worse.

Personally I think he should be treated well and let out again when he's older if he's not deemed a continued threat to society.

100% agree, feel comforted that there are people like you on here hahaa
Original post by Aph
Well no not all killing is murder but almost all killing is wrong. Unless it's an accident.

good.
i don't sympathise with him and don't agree with what he did. But killing with him or locking him away is pointless.

I haven't read everything you've posted but from what I've seen I agree :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Qaiys
I haven't read everything you've posted but from what I've seen I agree :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Life imprisonment I think. He's still young so it's going to be a very long lasting punishment. Not to mention he'll have a very rough time in prison and may end up in PC which is pretty similar to solitary. That and killing him could make him a martyr in his eyes and the eyes of those who support him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending