The Student Room Group

Cambridge Pre-U: Global Perspectives and Independent Research

Hi, i'm doing Global Perspectives at my college as my 5 option as it's a short course. I'm just trying to my presentation and was wondering if anyone is doing it too or if anyone has done it and has tips for the presentation? thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I can't believe no one else does this. Ugh Gabe trying to make us stand out 😖😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, the fact NO ONE has replied with some desperation like we all feel worries me, really regret it 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey I've just seen this- I'm also doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellawhite4686
hey I've just seen this- I'm also doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg yay someone! How are you finding it??? And what other courses are you doing?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danielleegolds
Omg yay someone! How are you finding it??? And what other courses are you doing?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

my school have introduced it as a compulsory extra instead of general studies! I found the essay and presentation interesting to research but very time consuming on top of four AS subjects! we did a mock exam and I got a high distinction which I was obviously happy with! how about you? I also do history, English lit, psychology and religious studies a level , you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my school have introduced it as a compulsory extra instead of general studies! I found the essay and presentation interesting to research but very time consuming on top of four AS subjects! we did a mock exam and I got a high distinction which I was obviously happy with! how about you? I also do history, English lit, psychology and religious studies a level , you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow compulsory sounds horrible! It's only for a few people at my college :/ yeah I like it as a subject but trying to get As and do this subject is nearly impossible for me! That's great! I got a D3, so I was really happy with that :smile: that's a good choice of subects, what college do you go to? I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature and pre-u :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to the sixth form which is part of the school I went to from years 7-11 :smile: wow that's a brave combination! haha which are you thinking of dropping, what are you planning to do after college in the future? tell me about it! I really want 4 A's but I just don't think it'll happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to the sixth form which is part of the school I went to from years 7-11 :smile: wow that's a brave combination! haha which are you thinking of dropping, what are you planning to do after college in the future? tell me about it! I really want 4 A's but I just don't think it'll happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's cool then :smile: I know and I wish I wasn't so ambitious haha! I'm dropping english literature this year as I want to do veterinary medicine and I don't think it will be very beneficial 🙈 have you got a favourite subject?:smile: I need As this year to be able to apply for uni but I doubt I'll get it 😩 do you want to go to university then?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's cool then :smile: I know and I wish I wasn't so ambitious haha! I'm dropping english literature this year as I want to do veterinary medicine and I don't think it will be very beneficial 🙈 have you got a favourite subject?:smile: I need As this year to be able to apply for uni but I doubt I'll get it 😩 do you want to go to university then?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

same haha, I want to do Law at uni so 4 A's or 3 A's and a B is kind of a necessity! History and Psychology are my favourites so I'll be dropping RS or English Lit depending on results! what units are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
same haha, I want to do Law at uni so 4 A's or 3 A's and a B is kind of a necessity! History and Psychology are my favourites so I'll be dropping RS or English Lit depending on results! what units are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow law sounds so good! Such high entry requirements 🙈😩 I hated religious studies but I guess it's all personal opinions, how are you finding english lit??? Do you mean unis or units for English lit 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I did GPR last year at a grammar school. The only tips I can think of for the presentation is to get others to read it through to make sure the argument flows and makes sense etc, get a range of materials rather than just one type of source (gives you more to critique with) and if possible, get a teacher to check it through to make sure it's done correctly (I believe it can only be checked once though). Biggest tip is don't record it on the very last possible day, we all did that at my school and it was a very stressful experience! You'll find GPR is so useful with uni offers as you already have one a level equivalent under your belt and can affect offers (Exeter lowered my offer based on GPR). Good luck with it all!
Original post by GemmaConlin
Hey, I did GPR last year at a grammar school. The only tips I can think of for the presentation is to get others to read it through to make sure the argument flows and makes sense etc, get a range of materials rather than just one type of source (gives you more to critique with) and if possible, get a teacher to check it through to make sure it's done correctly (I believe it can only be checked once though). Biggest tip is don't record it on the very last possible day, we all did that at my school and it was a very stressful experience! You'll find GPR is so useful with uni offers as you already have one a level equivalent under your belt and can affect offers (Exeter lowered my offer based on GPR). Good luck with it all!

Thankyou for the tips and advice! Do the presentations have to be recorded then? As I'm doing mine Thursday but ours aren't being recorded so I'm very confused 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou for the tips and advice! Do the presentations have to be recorded then? As I'm doing mine Thursday but ours aren't being recorded so I'm very confused ��

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not compulsory for them to be recorded but the exam board seems to give higher grades to those who record it (as it can show intonation and emotion in certain areas which you can't tell from just the manuscript). My teacher made all of us record ours to try and help us reach the top grades (I trust her on that as my school has been doing GPR for 6 years and has got 100% Distinction every time)
It's not compulsory for them to be recorded but the exam board seems to give higher grades to those who record it (as it can show intonation and emotion in certain areas which you can't tell from just the manuscript). My teacher made all of us record ours to try and help us reach the top grades (I trust her on that as my school has been doing GPR for 6 years and has got 100% Distinction every time)

We get forced to do it which is really annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense! How important would you say source referencing is in the presentation (compared to the essay?) as I feel I lack in good source analysis but I have researched and used other sources 😁 that makes sense, I am going to be embedding my script into my presentation through audio notes :smile: wow that's fair enough, that's lots of experience! Is the possible lowering of the university offer only if you do the GPR for the whole two years or could you only do one year?:smile: Sorry about all the questions, my whole class has no idea how it can be used!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow law sounds so good! Such high entry requirements 🙈😩 I hated religious studies but I guess it's all personal opinions, how are you finding english lit??? Do you mean unis or units for English lit 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry my phone autocorrected it to units , I meant unis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry my phone autocorrected it to units , I meant unis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's fine :smile: my top two I'm considering is RVC in London and Surrey uni, then then Bristol and Nottingham possibly 😁 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it's fine :smile: my top two I'm considering is RVC in London and Surrey uni, then then Bristol and Nottingham possibly 😁 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think possibly - KCL, LSE, Bristol, Durham and Newcastle :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest