The Student Room Group

AI chatgpt plagiarism cambridge igcse

i take cie igcse and i used chatgpt to rewrite my text in a more academic manner for my coursework - handed it in already will cambridge flag it as ai written even tho i included a bibliography and did the actual research myself, but paraphrased the wording - chatgpt didn't actually write any facts? will i get disqualified from writing my exams?
not sure if you will get disqualified but they will probably clock that AI wrote it because with all work handed in they have to put it into a system to check for plagiarism so even if you did do all the research yourself it will still show as an AI wrote it. they can even put your exact text into chatgpt and ask it whether it wrote it or not.
Reply 2
thank you so so so much for ur quick reply!! wait but to check 4 plagiarism its different from ai - like plagiarism is from other ppls work but the ai percentage doesnt show up, unless they are putting everyones work into turnitin (which has a new feature for ai detection). ive seen that ai detection can come up as 100% but plagiarism as low as 5%, so theyre not the same - in this case i would still be flagged for ai right, as they will put it into turnitin? i read that they only check for ai/plagiarism if they r suspicious tho, not for everyone. also teachers check for plagiarism thru turnitin before sending it off anyway
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hhhhhhmbnv111
thank you so so so much for ur quick reply!! wait but to check 4 plagiarism its different from ai - like plagiarism is from other ppls work but the ai percentage doesnt show up, unless they are putting everyones work into turnitin (which has a new feature for ai detection). ive seen that ai detection can come up as 100% but plagiarism as low as 5%, so theyre not the same - in this case i would still be flagged for ai right, as they will put it into turnitin? i read that they only check for ai/plagiarism if they r suspicious tho, not for everyone. also teachers check for plagiarism thru turnitin before sending it off anyway

Did you get marked down? Or were you ok? X
Original post by Apricot18
Did you get marked down? Or were you ok? X

Schools, colleges and unis are taking the use of AI more seriously as time goes by so I'm not sure whether what happened 7 months ago is likely to be a useful guide. As an example I know of at least one uni that is checking for the use of AI in personal statements now, (similar to how they check for plaguarism), so I imagine this is something GCSE exam boards will have on their radar.
Reply 5
Original post by apricot18
did you get marked down? Or were you ok? X

i was ok!!!!!!!!!!! I got a rlly good grade asw <3
Reply 6
Original post by apricot18
did you get marked down? Or were you ok? X

i was ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a rlly good grade too <3
Reply 7
Original post by undefined
Schools, colleges and unis are taking the use of AI more seriously as time goes by so I'm not sure whether what happened 7 months ago is likely to be a useful guide. As an example I know of at least one uni that is checking for the use of AI in personal statements now, (similar to how they check for plaguarism), so I imagine this is something GCSE exam boards will have on their radar.

I used google bard to help give me ideas and suggestions on how to improve my alevel coursework. I didn’t copy or paste, I paraphrased a few words or used the points to help my work be more concise. Could this get flagged as using AI?
I used google bard to help give me ideas and suggestions on how to improve my alevel coursework. I didn’t copy or paste, I paraphrased a few words or used the points to help my work be more concise. Could this get flagged as using AI?

If you're just using it as a glorified thesaurus then no.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
If you're just using it as a glorified thesaurus then no.

Few ok. I’m so scared I would have got marked down. Thank you so much
Reply 10
Few ok. I’m so scared I would have got marked down. Thank you so much

yeah me too, are the regulations the same
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by hhhhhhmbnv111
i was ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a rlly good grade too <3

did u do cie igcse eng lang??
Original post by ihiouiu
did u do cie igcse eng lang??

nope it was global perspectives, I did do igcse eng lang but this post wasn’t abt that

Quick Reply

Latest