The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Obviously I feel that £2000 is better than the amount paid by English students but I assumed that the SAAS paid all the fees. I forgot about the £1000 fee my sister had to pay when she graduated.
Loooool mate! Trust me that's nothing compared to the minimum of £12,000 plus the much more expensive living costs here :P
Forgive me for being an ignorant n00b, but how do you get an unconditional offer?
Reply 23
If you're (re)applying and already have your A level grades and they meet the requirements, then you'll get an unconditional offer (altho it'll still be conditional with respect to the immunisation stuff).
I'm a scottish applicant, so my unconditional offer is based on already having achieved 5 As at Higher Level this year.
is it possible to get unconditional offers from anywhere before you have received a level results?
i think its probably pretty rare in english medical schools, but i no a guy in my year who has an unconditional to do physics at sussex uni, and last year i knew a guy who had an oxford offer of 3E's :eek: so i would pretty much say that was unconditional!! that was for art though, so all a bit different...
Reply 27
Subbacultcha
i think its probably pretty rare in english medical schools, but i no a guy in my year who has an unconditional to do physics at sussex uni, and last year i knew a guy who had an oxford offer of 3E's :eek: so i would pretty much say that was unconditional!! that was for art though, so all a bit different...

my friend told me that the cambridge college he's applying to for maths make some EEE offers, apparently it's to let them not have to bother with worrying about a levels, it gives them time to do outside reading or something like that, expand their minds.
For medicine, i seriously doubt it would happen, unless the candidate was mind-blowingly awesome, but i'd rather not contemplate that, it makes me feel inadequate. :frown:
smirf83
my friend told me that the cambridge college he's applying to for maths make some EEE offers, apparently it's to let them not have to bother with worrying about a levels, it gives them time to do outside reading or something like that, expand their minds.
For medicine, i seriously doubt it would happen, unless the candidate was mind-blowingly awesome, but i'd rather not contemplate that, it makes me feel inadequate. :frown:

aww... :p: actually, thinking about it, it does me too! but ive never heard of it happening before... and that makes me feel a bit better!!
Reply 29
smirf83

lol :hugs:
Reply 30
JayD
Congrats, thats excellent. But means you won't be coming to Glasgow, which is just plain silly! Best med school in Scotland if not UK. ;-)

Have a good xmas, im sure you will now.

isnt best med school in scotland edinburgh?
Reply 31
hell no!

Latest

Trending

Trending