The Student Room Group

WHat's your most time consuming a level

Scroll to see replies

German, very closely followed by French. The only reason German is more time consuming than French is because I'm not doing a speaking exam in French this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm still doing AS levels, but I figured that still counts :rolleyes:

Fine art! Definitely!!! More work than all the other put together!!!!
Original post by yasmin#2
my school did gcse science differently, i did core, further and additional science (so core is unit1 all, additional is unit 2 etc.) & i got A*AA

right now Bs in chem and As in bio

was the A* in biology then and what do u plan to do at uni
Original post by boods8897
French - seems like doing Literature, Politics, Geography and Film Studies all rolled into one half the time! There's so much to learn and practice, especially as I'm resitting AS, but it is my favourite :smile:

Biology - loads of content, but rubbish teacher. Have to learn what the markscheme needs as well as the actual knowledge -_-

Chemistry - just gotta learn it. Either know it or you don't.

Maths - not at all time consuming really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as these are 4 subjects i plan to do can i know what you got at gcse and what u are getting now so i have a rough idea of the difficulty
Original post by youreanutter
was the A* in biology then and what do u plan to do at uni

i didnt do biology gcse, i did core additional and further science -each one has a unit of bio,chem and physics. core is all the unit 1 exams - thats what i got an A* in, and dentistry hopefully :smile: wbu?
i didnt do biology gcse, i did core additional and further science -each one has a unit of bio,chem and physics. core is all the unit 1 exams - thats what i got an A* in, and dentistry hopefully :smile: wbu?

oh umm economics but im predicted A in core and A in additional and A* in maths so i was thinking to do maths economics biology and chemistry(drop one of the sciences) to keep my options open incase i change my mind or i might do maths further maths physics and economics i havent really decided yet
oh umm economics but im predicted A in core and A in additional and A* in maths so i was thinking to do maths economics biology and chemistry(drop one of the sciences) to keep my options open incase i change my mind or i might do maths further maths physics and economics i havent really decided yet

sounds good :smile: good luck with it
which is the hardest and what grades are u getting in each

last year i got: (UMS)
C1:98
C2:91
S1:93
S2:81
FP1:76
M1:75

so i guess i find the mechanics and further maths modules hardest, im finding decision pretty easy though. im getting A/Bs in d1/c3 papers Cs in m2 and Es in FP2 at the moment, not started any d2/c4 past papers yet
Definitely Biology. I take Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology AS and for the whole of GCSE's everyone talked about how Physics was the hardest A level. It's absolute bull. Maths and Phyics are the easiest to revise too. You can pass physics just by using the formula sheet and common sense and listening in class. Biology on the other hand is annoying as hell. Well Unit 1 is ok. Unit 2 is frustrating.
as these are 4 subjects i plan to do can i know what you got at gcse and what u are getting now so i have a rough idea of the difficulty

9A* (I did separate Science) 1B (Music) at GCSE.
At AS I got 3A for Bio / Chem / Maths. The Maths I only dropped about 5 marks in, the Chemistry was around 84%.
Got a B in French but resitting the LRW part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
9A* (I did separate Science) 1B (Music) at GCSE.
At AS I got 3A for Bio / Chem / Maths. The Maths I only dropped about 5 marks in, the Chemistry was around 84%.
Got a B in French but resitting the LRW part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

B in french is it that hard as im only predicted an A and usually scrape As in tests will i strugggle and how do u think i will do as im doing double science and predicted As and
sounds good :smile: good luck with it
do you think i will struggle with them grades
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
last year i got: (UMS)
C1:98
C2:91
S1:93
S2:81
FP1:76
M1:75

so i guess i find the mechanics and further maths modules hardest, im finding decision pretty easy though. im getting A/Bs in d1/c3 papers Cs in m2 and Es in FP2 at the moment, not started any d2/c4 past papers yet

wow thats really good man did u get an A* at gcse and what are ur other a levels and how u doing in them in comparison to gcse
do you think i will struggle with them grades

chemistry is very hard to start with, some concepts they taught you at gcse are incorrect so you have to get used to the a level concepts
alot more application is required than regurgitating info

but i think youll be fine if you revise well from the start of the year :smile:
B in french is it that hard as im only predicted an A and usually scrape As in tests will i strugggle and how do u think i will do as im doing double science and predicted As and

Tbh I probably could've done a lot better but my work ethic and motivation was quite bad last year as I didn't enjoy College for a long time. For French, starting 'revising' early is key - go over grammar, learn extra vocab, practise speaking.... It is a big step up from GCSE ngl especially as you can't learn what you'll say in the exams, it's a lot more improvised! Well worth it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
history!
wow thats really good man did u get an A* at gcse and what are ur other a levels and how u doing in them in comparison to gcse

yeah i got an A* at GCSE in maths and biology and chemistry. i dropped chemistry at AS level after getting a C overall. For biology AS level I got a high C in unit 1, low B in unit 2, mid A in the EMPA. got a B overall, but I'm resetting unit 1 and 2 this year so hopefully can improve on that

there's so much more content than GCSE, at GCSE i could easily do last minute revision and skim over all the topics and do well but this is much harder to do at a level, so I need to work quite a bit harder compared to gcse.
(edited 9 years ago)
how difficult is each subject
what did u get at GCSE and what are u getting now?

I personally find biology the most difficult but it's primarily because I don't enjoy it so I don't feel as motivated to do it. I got A* at GCSE in all 3 and I am on track (fingers crossed) for As.
Chemistry - there's just so much to memorise TT
None of them take up much time when you don't do any work. :biggrin: But probably biology.

Quick Reply

Latest