The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology unit3&4 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aiminazri
Me

Me! Is anyone by any chance doing Stacy et al its just im finding it hard finding an evaluation for it?
Reply 21
Original post by rosieeb123
Me! Is anyone by any chance doing Stacy et al its just im finding it hard finding an evaluation for it?

Stacey et al which drug is that study for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by cheeky 12
Stacey et al which drug is that study for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you can just try and evaluate it using GRAVE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheeky 12
Well if it was describe the key issue for criminology you'd talk whether if eye witness testimony was reliable or if offender profiling is accurate when the accounts are taken from others

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know...I only have a problem with what to say for the clinical one :/ Don't we have to apply key concepts as well?
Reply 24
Original post by ameliaedmondes
I know...I only have a problem with what to say for the clinical one :/ Don't we have to apply key concepts as well?

I think applying key concept is for unit 4
Reply 25
Are there any particular topics you guys are likely to come up for child and criminal?
Is there a certain method to write that will always assure a point ? plss share especially for unit 4 as you won't have time
Reply 27
I'm doing child and crim for unit 3 and I have a bunch of detailed mind maps for every topic, if anyone would find these useful just message me so I can send pictures :smile:
Reply 28
Hey, I'm doing child and criminal. I have a massive issue with time, especially for unit 4...I did a mock and had to miss out 2 questions and I didn't finish the 18 marker. Does anyone have some tips on time management in the exam?

Does anybody have any useful information they can share about the content analysis and article summary? Because I have no idea how to write about them.
Also, does anyone have notes on the clinical key issue that they could share? Or could you at least tell me what you guys are doing for it? I'm supposed to be doing it on anorexia but we really didn't cover it at all and I don't know what the actual 'issue' is.

For the 18 marker the best thing to do is make sure you do everything the question asks for or you won't get into the top bands. It's best to make you don't go over more than one or two paragraphs for each thing (e.g. a paragraph describing the contribution then another evaluating x2) but don't make them too lengthy or you might not be left with enough time.
Also NEVER right too much for the short mark questions (I made the mistake of forgetting that there's only a certain amount of marks you can get for these questions in the mock. Not a good idea!)
Hi, could anyone tell me how to write an answer to questions on the practicals for Unit 3?

Here are some examples of questions:
Describe how you carried out your practical investigation.
You will have gathered qualitative and/or quantitative data(information) for your practical investigation.Describe how you analysed the data (information) you gathered.
Outline the conclusion(s) you drew from your practical investigation
etc.
Reply 30
Original post by damiie
I'm doing child and crim for unit 3 and I have a bunch of detailed mind maps for every topic, if anyone would find these useful just message me so I can send pictures :smile:

Hi, can u plz send me pics of it :smile: Thanx
Reply 31
Hi, could anyone tell me how to write an answer to questions on the practicals for Unit 3?

Here are some examples of questions:
Describe how you carried out your practical investigation.
You will have gathered qualitative and/or quantitative data(information) for your practical investigation.Describe how you analysed the data (information) you gathered.
Outline the conclusion(s) you drew from your practical investigation
etc.

Yes omg I need help on this too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me with role of the media ?? What do we need to know
Original post by Louise191919
Can someone help me with role of the media ?? What do we need to know

Role models in the media may be models of identification for viewers. They are often portrayed as powerful and likeable which means they are more likely to be imitated.
Video games positivley reinforce criminal behaviour through rewarding points.
Some video games glamourise violence - making it more appealing.
Violence in video games is shown without any negative consequences so this can vicariously reinforce someone to imitate criminal behaviour.
Reply 34
Does anybody have any notes for health key issue and evidence in practice?
Anybody have a model answer or could anyone explain how to answer 'describe a key issue in clinical psychology'?
Anybody have a model answer or could anyone explain how to answer 'describe a key issue in clinical psychology'?

The key issue we examined was whether or not cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an effective treatment for mental disorders. It is used to treat a wide range of disorders from unipolar depression to schizophrenia and aims not to 'cure' the patient but to provide them with coping mechanisms to make the disorder more tolerable in every day life. The treatment is recommended by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) and is available to the public on the NHS. It is now the second most used therapy to treat mental disorders (after drugs) so it is of great importance we examine its effectiveness to ensure patients are receiving the best care and are not wasting their time or the governments money.

You could probably add more description but I doubt a simple 'describe' question would be worth very many marks so I think that would cover it.If it also asks you to evaluate the key issue then you would just use studies that support/criticise it, the strengths and weaknesses of the CBT and possibly compare it to another therapy.
finished AS exams 2 weeks ago and we've started A2 (we're going over research methods from AS with the one teacher and doing 1 contribution to society from each AS approach with the other teacher, so no new content

i thought we'd get to choose which applications we want to do but apparently not, we're all doing Criminal and Child

sooo.... any tips? i'm 100% applying to study psychology at Uni so I'm hoping to possibly get an A*

i found AS quite easy, i didnt revise until hours before either exam, i had a 3-hour cramming session so I'm unsure as to how I've done, but if I get less than an A in either exam I'll resit bc I need to know the majority of AS for A2 anyway

Hope you've all done well!!
have you guys seen whats on the new spec for next years students? not us. they get to do biopsychology and forensics in the second year, and they are learning so much more then us!!
Original post by BerniHurton
have you guys seen whats on the new spec for next years students? not us. they get to do biopsychology and forensics in the second year, and they are learning so much more then us!!

Not yet, but that are really interesting things to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending