The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

god im scared

basically I am thew eldest child in my family so the firast to go through the whole uni thing, and I am terrified, im really worried I am gonna forget something.. can anyone give me advice regarding ANYTHING?!?!
I'm in the same situation as you, i feel some great level of expectation with no advice to guide me.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Keep calm and carry on :rolleyes: (100% original. 100% my own saying. yeah.)
Original post by MeganSnipp
basically I am thew eldest child in my family so the firast to go through the whole uni thing, and I am terrified, im really worried I am gonna forget something.. can anyone give me advice regarding ANYTHING?!?!

Hello!

Its great to hear you're going to uni. Nearly all of first years have not been to university before so you're all in the same boat, arriving to a place which is perhaps not very familiar and probably not knowing anyone there beforehand. Although it is terrifying, its also exciting and important that you get stuck in with meeting lots of people and doing lots of activities. Freshers fortnight will be a crazy time with constant events to suit everybody. Throughout the year and the rest of your time at uni, there are lots of things you can get involved in. Perhaps you can have a wander on the student union site to look at its services and the clubs and societies on offer: http://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/

In terms of forgetting things, if you do forget anything I'm sure it can be easily sorted. Here is a pretty detailed list of what to bring and the essentials: http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/welcome/Beforeyouarrive/ww-what-to-bring.aspx Try not to get books on your reading list unless your department has specified ones which you absolutely need. You can easily order books online when you arrive or go to the bookshop on campus which stores all the books on the reading lists.

I hope this helps! Are there any more questions you would like answered?
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
I'm the eldest too and going into uni in September. Dw you're not alone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending