The Student Room Group

Pharmacist with lower arm tattoo: would clients trust them?

I'm asking because I have self harm scars, and I would like a tattoo over it.
i want to do pharmacy at reading uni and am currently re-siting my year 12.
will my clients view me differently?
will it affect my employment chances after graduation?
Pharmacists usually wear full sleeved clothing so i don't think it would really because they wont see them. Especially if you are going for a job interview, you wont be wearing a t shirt, you will most likely be wearing a suit and tie ect so it's covered. (Im doing pharmacy)
Even in a lab you will be wearing a lab coat so it's still covered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThePunkyPunkster
Pharmacists usually wear full sleeved clothing so i don't think it would really because they wont see them. Especially if you are going for a job interview, you wont be wearing a t shirt, you will most likely be wearing a suit and tie ect so it's covered. (Im doing pharmacy)
Even in a lab you will be wearing a lab coat so it's still covered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you =] I'm female so I'm guessing I can wear blazers.

What uni are you studying at? And what year?

^.^
most of your customers will be elderly if you work in a retail pharmacy such as Boots. elderly people find tattoos less appealing than young people on the whole ?

perhaps you could wear a long sleeved shirt to cover your arm ?
Original post by the bear
most of your customers will be elderly if you work in a retail pharmacy such as Boots. elderly people find tattoos less appealing than young people on the whole ?

perhaps you could wear a long sleeved shirt to cover your arm ?

Yes.

Thank you very much :]
You will be just fine dear. A new beginning, with much more beautiful things to come. Salut.
Reply 6
Depends on the tattoo! If it was tasteful such as a design of flowers then I'm sure no one would have a problem with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I would have absolutely no probelem whatsoever, why would i? :smile:
All the best with university :biggrin:
Getting a tattoo over scars is easier said than done - it very much depends on the scars you have, how deep etc.. Make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing and has experience tattooing over scars. Scars make for much tougher skin, so getting the ink accepted and getting clear lines etc. may be difficult so you may need extra sessions.

I have a tattoo on my wrist, not over scars, and I have noticed that a lot of public sector jobs and teaching have asked about tattoos. Definitely make sure that a shirt can cover it however, as 1 in 5 people have tattoos the attitude should change but be aware that it very much depends on the other person sitting on the opposite side of the desk. Some people are old school and frown on it. I don't regret my tattoo, if I am honest I've had it for so long it is no different to having a freckle there, you get used to it..

Also, be prepared to show pictures of it and explain the meaning. One of my job interviews asked for a photo of any tattoos.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
My personal opinion is that self-harm scars are beautiful if you can accept them for what they are. If you're still doing it then a tattoo won't stop it, but if you've stopped then perhaps a better option is to try and make peace with it. New beginnings, old scars - no worries. Good luck!
Original post by Georg Hegel
Getting a tattoo over scars is easier said than done - it very much depends on the scars you have, how deep etc.. Make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing and has experience tattooing over scars. Scars make for much tougher skin, so getting the ink accepted and getting clear lines etc. may be difficult so you may need extra sessions.

I have a tattoo on my wrist, not over scars, and I have noticed that a lot of public sector jobs and teaching have asked about tattoos. Definitely make sure that a shirt can cover it however, as 1 in 5 people have tattoos the attitude should change but be aware that it very much depends on the other person sitting on the opposite side of the desk. Some people are old school and frown on it. I don't regret my tattoo, if I am honest I've had it for so long it is no different to having a freckle there, you get used to it..

Also, be prepared to show pictures of it and explain the meaning. One of my job interviews asked for a photo of any tattoos.

Thanks
Original post by HFF
My personal opinion is that self-harm scars are beautiful if you can accept them for what they are. If you're still doing it then a tattoo won't stop it, but if you've stopped then perhaps a better option is to try and make peace with it. New beginnings, old scars - no worries. Good luck!

Thanks I'll consider
Original post by anastas
I would have absolutely no probelem whatsoever, why would i? :smile:
All the best with university :biggrin:

Thx
Original post by lamentingallday
You will be just fine dear. A new beginning, with much more beautiful things to come. Salut.

Thank u mister!!!
Original post by Witcher
Depends on the tattoo! If it was tasteful such as a design of flowers then I'm sure no one would have a problem with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol!! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest