The Student Room Group

Design tech HELP GCSE

Hi I’m aiming to create a jewellery box for dt gcse . However i want to make the design more original and suitable for visual impairment or other disabilities . I’m stuck on how to achieve this . Also i want to make it so by pressing a button my jewellery box opens how can I achieve this ?

Also my main idea was to have a mini character below as if holding up the jewellery box and i wanted it to at a press of a button or switch its legs or arms would extend slightly lifting or lowering the box how do i achieve this do i need make a circuit and if so how . If anyone knows step by step

If anyone had any high level ideas or information I can add to my coursework please let me know I’m aiming for a nine but am struggling - tips for design briefs and spec as well as client interview and product analysis tips product analysis is quite difficult 😭 (the theme im going with is securing personal possessions ) I’m also struggling on what to include on the Mindmap)
(edited 7 months ago)
i'm not sure if my advice is helpful, but maybe make the colours of the jewelry box suitable for colour blind people :smile:

i might connect the bottom of the button to the lid of the box

i wouldn't know how to do it step by step though :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by beautifulworld
i'm not sure if my advice is helpful, but maybe make the colours of the jewelry box suitable for colour blind people :smile:

i might connect the bottom of the button to the lid of the box

i wouldn't know how to do it step by step though :frown:

Thankyou so much I’ll bare this in mind and do some colour research I need as many ideas to research as possible so my coursework is longer 😂
Reply 3
that acc such a good idea i j wondered how is ur jewlery box speciallised for people with vidisal impairments. im doing something similar yk.
The mindmap is so diffilult aswell like i started with like target audiene- branched to like old people, teen agers children (ect..) and then wrote a senteence about them. Then another branch for when u would need to store stuff (eg. school)

I want to do mine for like people who have arthritis so have no strength to do every day things but im struggling to base it on the theme. If you have any ides pls lmk.. thank you

Original post by Z00
Hi I’m aiming to create a jewellery box for dt gcse . However i want to make the design more original and suitable for visual impairment or other disabilities . I’m stuck on how to achieve this . Also i want to make it so by pressing a button my jewellery box opens how can I achieve this ?

Also my main idea was to have a mini character below as if holding up the jewellery box and i wanted it to at a press of a button or switch its legs or arms would extend slightly lifting or lowering the box how do i achieve this do i need make a circuit and if so how . If anyone knows step by step

If anyone had any high level ideas or information I can add to my coursework please let me know I’m aiming for a nine but am struggling - tips for design briefs and spec as well as client interview and product analysis tips product analysis is quite difficult 😭 (the theme im going with is securing personal possessions ) I’m also struggling on what to include on the Mindmap)
Reply 4
Original post by itismartha
that acc such a good idea i j wondered how is ur jewlery box speciallised for people with vidisal impairments. im doing something similar yk.
The mindmap is so diffilult aswell like i started with like target audiene- branched to like old people, teen agers children (ect..) and then wrote a senteence about them. Then another branch for when u would need to store stuff (eg. school)

I want to do mine for like people who have arthritis so have no strength to do every day things but im struggling to base it on the theme. If you have any ides pls lmk.. thank you

Hi sorry for the delayed response I’ll brainstorm ideas when I’m free but I’d say to include hinges I’m doing something similar so you add a hinge to stop the jewellery box from snapping shut when opened this is so once they open it stays open and doesn’t snap shut and cause injuries - also mine includes colours colour blind people can see and I did analysis on what colour
Combos can be confusing to see :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
As for a theme I’d go for an elegant more simplistic design or maybe something that was popular back in the 80s ?/90s
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest