The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2016 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

It was on the admissions newsletter they emailed about two months ago.
It said: "In essence this means we will only be able to offer a conservative number of places and put around 137 students on the waiting list for A100 Medicine and 64 for A200 Dentistry and 5 for Graduate Entry Medicine."
That depressing moment when you realise passing the interview potentially meant nothing since these exams are here to fck you up, lol@mylife
Original post by uwaseem
That depressing moment when you realise passing the interview potentially meant nothing since these exams are here to fck you up, lol@mylife

I know the feeling omg I feel like I won't be able to do it aagh
Reply 1823
Original post by _minasan

I know- me too!! :frown: Just hoping we get through this, do really well and all end up together studying the course of our dreams at Barts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _minasan

I'm so scared, sigh
Original post by fastandfurious
It was on the admissions newsletter they emailed about two months ago.
It said: "In essence this means we will only be able to offer a conservative number of places and put around 137 students on the waiting list for A100 Medicine and 64 for A200 Dentistry and 5 for Graduate Entry Medicine."

Oh that's a lot, do you know if it's likely to get offered a place on the waiting list?
Original post by Mollyos18
Oh that's a lot, do you know if it's likely to get offered a place on the waiting list?

I'm not too sure, but quite a few people got it last year.
In 2014, I think it was @Matthew150 who got an offer last minute, and he was 77th out of ~120, so there is hope!

Btw, do you know your position on the waiting list?
I'm not too sure, but quite a few people got it last year.
In 2014, I think it was @Matthew150 who got an offer last minute, and he was 77th out of ~120, so there is hope!

Btw, do you know your position on the waiting list?

Oh that's good then, I'm 6th on the list so that's good!

How do you know your position ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's great! You have a great chance so don't worry!! Also, did you email them, and how long did they take to reply back?
Original post by LOAend
How do you know your position ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed [email protected] and I got an email back saying that I had to pay £10 (and send the confirmation email proving that I paid) and provide proof of my identity (scan of driving licence). However, they haven't got back to me yet aha.
Ah that's great! You have a great chance so don't worry!! Also, did you email them, and how long did they take to reply back?

I emailed [email protected] and I got an email back saying that I had to pay £10 (and send the confirmation email proving that I paid) and provide proof of my identity (scan of driving licence). However, they haven't got back to me yet aha.

Ah okay , hopefully you hear soon lol . I'm not on the waiting list I was just curious haha, but I hope it works out for you! Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we have to give in our DBS form etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's were you stats everyone with offers? And congrats!
Original post by WannabeDoctora
What's were you stats everyone with offers? And congrats!

GCSE 10a*
AS AAAA
A2 Predicted A*A*A*
UKCAT 685
Did anyone else get the waiting list email today?
No what was it about?
No what was it about?

It said: If we are able to offer you a place (2016 entry) for the course you applied to with us, which was either Medicine or Dentistry, subject to grade confirmation then we will contact you by email on Monday 15th August.
Please do not telephone us during this period. All our offers are made via email and UCAS. We will let all unsuccessful applicants on the Waiting List know by Monday 22nd August.

I got this email three days ago.
Are you holding an offer for medicine elsewhere though?
Just been offered a place on the A100 course :smile:
Reply 1838
Me too! I didn't think we'd find out till august so woop!
It said: If we are able to offer you a place (2016 entry) for the course you applied to with us, which was either Medicine or Dentistry, subject to grade confirmation then we will contact you by email on Monday 15th August.
Please do not telephone us during this period. All our offers are made via email and UCAS. We will let all unsuccessful applicants on the Waiting List know by Monday 22nd August.

I got this email three days ago.
Are you holding an offer for medicine elsewhere though?

I actually just got offered a place last night, And no I don't have any other offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending