The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yes it certainly develops. Besides, I think ParaJ is intentionally creating a unconventional dialect. It would actually take some effort to create the style he is giving you, it like 'yo..man..me is livin it up with me rapping dudes...
Reply 21
Could be hard to arrange without some contacts, but I would heartily suggest you look into doing some work experience at Marketing/Solicitor's firms.

I've just completed a spell at a large-ish provincial firm and it shattered many illusions I had about being a Solicitor. It gave me a really useful insight into how the career actually works.. Invaluable stuff, really.
LauraWalker
'yo..man..me is livin it up with me rapping dudes...

:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: Embarrassed for you.:biggrin:
Reply 23
paraj
one more question...regarding the courses, "finance with law" and "law with finance"..with finance with law...finance would be my promary course and with law with finance...finance would be my primary course...thats clear..
ok if i do law with finance...then.i have chances of opening up a firm of my own and other firms would come to me with their financial problems and will be representing them in their lawsuits...is this "projection" of mine right?..
now..if i take finance with law...i would primarily be working in a firm as their finance manager or someone who handles their finance and also by their side i would be their in-house lawyer...once in a while if the firm gets sued then..i their finance with law person would come to the rescue..otherwise no use of my law...now is this "projection" of mine right?...
which one do u think is better? finance with law or law with finance...forgetting the fact that you guys have taken law as your primary course i suppose...

:toofunny:
hingus2000
:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: Embarrassed for you.:biggrin:

don't be, it is christmas and it is not half as good as my recent belting down of the christmas tree :biggrin: Besides that is the way they write some of these rap songs with gaps and ......, just like this person is doing. Just an observation really, not that I particularily like that type of music but it is difficult to fail to notice some of the sayings associated with it. :cool: I have a striking disposition towards self-humiliation anyway, so much so that I bearly even notice these days :wink: *cringe*
LauraWalker
don't be, it is christmas and it is not half as good as my recent belting down of the christmas tree :biggrin: Besides that is the way they write some of these rap songs with gaps and ......, just like this person is doing. Just an observation really, not that I particularily like that type of music but it is difficult to fail to notice some of the sayings associated with it. :cool: I have a striking disposition towards self-humiliation anyway, so much so that I bearly even notice these days :wink: *cringe*

Riiiiggght. Jay-Z eat your heart out.
:wink: for sure! I bet this poor person who started the thread is bemused
Laura, another alternative career path opens before thee.
You think? Thanks Lewis :smile:, if I reached the top it would no doubt pay a lot better, all my clothes would be bought for me, I could stay in nice hotels all the time for free and be on lots of sad christmas hit shows, and have a No.1 WOW
Reply 29
hmm...so my "projections," so to say, were completely off course..allright..
well my main problem is...i dont know how the real world is going to be...got no one really to ask to...other than you guys...so its all depending on what u guys are saying that i am going to pick courses for my university..
are universities flexible with the courses available to students...for example if i take marketing as my course and after going to the uni i find that i dont like marketing...can i switch to some other course?
and one more thing....i need ur last and final opinion...for what do u think is there a greater demand on this planet?...law, finance or marketing?
Reply 30
LauraWalker
Oh yes it certainly develops. Besides, I think ParaJ is intentionally creating a unconventional dialect. It would actually take some effort to create the style he is giving you, it like 'yo..man..me is livin it up with me rapping dudes...

haha...well its actually not like that...this is an informal situation for sure but...im not being too informal here too..
how i speak is upto the situation i am in..with my friends its all casual n stuff but when it comes to being formal...i can just switch to something incredibly formal...so thats fine..
and ms. walker...there is no "'yo..man..me is livin it up with me rapping dudes" involved here...its just me..i dont take an hour to type these posts..haha
Switching between courses totally depends on the uni. Within faculties it's normally fine, for instance I know plenty of people doing BA law (french/german) who switched to LLB etc fine. They just have to take tort in 2nd year (which, IMO, is a gift as a second year module!) along with the other compulsories as they dont take tort in first year.

As for switching to totally different courses, the general rule at notts seems to be that you have to take a year out and re-apply. Not sure if this is the norm though.
Reply 32
fine...i get the sense that universities are quite flexible...but doesnt it cost money to switch from one uni course to another...or from one university to another...that must be surealy a lot of money...
i know my dilema wasn't the "biggest and worst" on this planet but still..to me it is or was a great deal..
If you were funded by an LEA, they might not be happy to pay your fees for the additional year you studied, you would need to take it up with them
Reply 34
all this information that u guys have given me so far is with repect to UK only rite...this does not apply for australia rite?...wodering because i along with UK im keeping my doors open to australia also!
Reply 35
merry christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas, yes LEAs are relevant to the UK.

No idea about Aussie.
Paraj, get a few triple vodka cokes down you and your path will become a lot clearer.
Reply 38
thnx for the advice hingus...sure it will help..hmmm
vodka coke, god damn... disgusting!

Latest

Trending

Trending