The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Official Aberystwyth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aberystwyth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Says aberystwyth at the top so is it for Aston as stated or aberystwyth
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Bluebells60
Says aberystwyth at the top so is it for Aston as stated or aberystwyth

Aber, my apologies! All sorted now :smile:
Considering applying here as one of my choices!
Reply 4
Applying here for physics? Anyone else?
Original post by Anonymous
Considering applying here as one of my choices!

Hi there,

That's really great to hear! We have an Open Day coming up on November 12th if you're interested in visiting, you can register online here: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/open-days/

Aber is a beautiful town and the University is such a friendly place, you can find out a bit more general information here: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/study-aber/

If you have any questions at all I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
Original post by Bluebells60
Applying here for physics? Anyone else?

Yes, hi!
Hi, have you sent your application in yet for physics
Original post by coolcat24
Yes, hi!
Hi, have you sent your application in yet for physics

Yes, I did so on Thursday :smile:
just sent mine in on Friday
Yes, I did so on Thursday :smile:

Nice! What other unis did you apply to?

Have you had an acknowledgment or anything from them yet
Have you had an acknowledgment from them yet or heard anything from them at all
Just got an offer!
Just got an offer!

Congratulations! Well done :smile: That's really exciting news!
Please let me know if you have any questions at all or if you would like any information about anything :smile:
Anna
Hi. I have an offer to study Marketing BA in Aberystwyth University from Sept 23. I have and direct entry to year 2 and I can afford 2 year accommodation. There are rent scholarships for international students so that’s not an issue either. I love the university’s ranking, reputation and especially the location and I really wanna join. But I do need to save up for a Postgraduate after my bachelors and with the PSW visa in doubts I have to reconsider as Aber is at least 3 hours from any major city and is a small town. So I’m worried whether I’ll find part time jobs or not. I really don’t want to press my family too much and save up an amount to release them of some burden. My query is, are part time jobs for students available in plenty for students in Aber? I can’t really choose to go to my dream university without this job issue being sorted out. Can the uni help me with on or off campus jobs?
Original post by Auhin01
Hi. I have an offer to study Marketing BA in Aberystwyth University from Sept 23. I have and direct entry to year 2 and I can afford 2 year accommodation. There are rent scholarships for international students so that’s not an issue either. I love the university’s ranking, reputation and especially the location and I really wanna join. But I do need to save up for a Postgraduate after my bachelors and with the PSW visa in doubts I have to reconsider as Aber is at least 3 hours from any major city and is a small town. So I’m worried whether I’ll find part time jobs or not. I really don’t want to press my family too much and save up an amount to release them of some burden. My query is, are part time jobs for students available in plenty for students in Aber? I can’t really choose to go to my dream university without this job issue being sorted out. Can the uni help me with on or off campus jobs?

Hi there,

It's wonderful to hear you're looking forward to study at Aberystwyth - we're looking forward to welcoming you here!

There are plenty of opportunity for work whether that be with the University or in the town. We have a careers Service that can support you and there are a few links on our website that you might find useful:
https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/studentservices/careers/current-students/
https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/studentservices/careers/in-house-publications/
I hope this puts your mind at ease :smile:

If you're considered as an International Student you will need to check your Right to Work, but our Careers Service is there to help you with things like this.

Let me know if I can help with anything else at all!
Anna
(edited 1 year ago)
Just got an offer!

congrats!!
congrats!!

What course?
What course?

physics integrated masters :smile:what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest