The Student Room Group

Interview at Manchester for chemical engineering

Hi, if anyone else has received or done their chemical engineering interview, how was it and how did you prepare?! Mine is in late February so I’ve got some time to prepare.
Hi I’ve been told I’m being offered an interview for chemical engineering at Manchester and yet to receive a date. Just wondering how yours went and any tips or advice you could give
Reply 2
the interview is rlly laid back

lasts 30 mins (u literally dont even notice the time passing)

my interviewer just asked me a q abt my personal statement, why manchester, why chemeng/did i always know id apply to chemeng,

i was rlly worried about getting asked technical questions lol so i kept asking questions and my interviewer luckily was waffling like crazy trying to answer them

just show a keen overall interest if you have any other q lmk!!

Original post by anonebony

my interviewer just asked me a q abt my personal statement, why manchester, why chemeng/did i always know id apply to chemeng,

i was rlly worried about getting asked technical questions lol so i kept asking questions and my interviewer luckily was waffling like crazy trying to answer them

Thanks for your response. Just wondering if you attended the full session with the admissions tutor and the group session with the student ambassadors and what those where like?

THANK U LIFE SAVER!!!
were you asked any maths questions?
Also did they ask you about your strengths and weaknesses??
Reply 5
Original post by harlz_chalamet
THANK U LIFE SAVER!!!
were you asked any maths questions?
Also did they ask you about your strengths and weaknesses??

no i wasnt asked any maths questions or my strengths and weaknesses. they did ask what i was interested in besides chemeng and how that could be related back to the course
Reply 6
Original post by srswilliams04
Thanks for your response. Just wondering if you attended the full session with the admissions tutor and the group session with the student ambassadors and what those where like?

i attended the full session lasted 1pm-330pm (my interview started at 3pm)

inb the first section the admissions tutor gassed manchester up and how they differ from other unis, eg their hugeeee lab

break out rooms with student ambassadors where they talk abt how they found the course also a chance to ask questions, in mine the ambassadors didnt ask us to put cameras on but my friends breakout room asked them to lol. the ppt they all made were all alright but i think if you did enough research abt the uni, theyd just regurgitate that info

finally was the interview

inb the first section the admissions tutor gassed manchester up and how they differ from other unis, eg their hugeeee lab

break out rooms with student ambassadors where they talk abt how they found the course also a chance to ask questions, in mine the ambassadors didnt ask us to put cameras on but my friends breakout room asked them to lol. the ppt they all made were all alright but i think if you did enough research abt the uni, theyd just regurgitate that info

How was ittt!! My interview is tomorrow arghhh
no i wasnt asked any maths questions or my strengths and weaknesses. they did ask what i was interested in besides chemeng and how that could be related back to the course

Do you think your interview went well overall??
Reply 9
Do you think your interview went well overall??
gosh sorry for the late reply i hope your interview went well!!! i think personally my interview was pretty good! the interviewer ended it saying he could envision me studying at manchester so i felt superrrrr relieved

My interview is this Wednesday just wondering when you got your zoom code for your interview as I’ve not yet received anything.
gosh sorry for the late reply i hope your interview went well!!! i think personally my interview was pretty good! the interviewer ended it saying he could envision me studying at manchester so i felt superrrrr relieved
Yesss it went really well thank you!! I got an offer the day after the interview which I’m really happy about. Hope yours went well too!
Original post by srswilliams04

My interview is this Wednesday just wondering when you got your zoom code for your interview as I’ve not yet received anything.I got mine the day before the interview. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest