The Student Room Group

sending ex parents thank you letter?

What do you guys think? They really like me and i really like hem after everything they have done for me. They are abroad so i went to visit on several occasions and they did so much for me. They provided me with accomodation, food and took me out for me to see and learn the place. I feel like the least i should do is send a thank you letter. Something along the lines off...

I am writing this letter to show my appreciation for everything that you did for me in the last three years. It was unfortunate that things ended between me and ..... but I do not regret these three years at all. You welcomed me like I was a member of the family and made me feel like I was part of your wonderful culture and for that I am really grateful. You are all wonderful people to meet and be with and I wish the whole family all the best for now and the future.
Reply 1
Original post by alan smith
What do you guys think? They really like me and i really like hem after everything they have done for me. They are abroad so i went to visit on several occasions and they did so much for me. They provided me with accomodation, food and took me out for me to see and learn the place. I feel like the least i should do is send a thank you letter. Something along the lines off...

I am writing this letter to show my appreciation for everything that you did for me in the last three years. It was unfortunate that things ended between me and ..... but I do not regret these three years at all. You welcomed me like I was a member of the family and made me feel like I was part of your wonderful culture and for that I am really grateful. You are all wonderful people to meet and be with and I wish the whole family all the best for now and the future.

That's so sweet! Especially if you send a written letter and not an email, I'd be overjoyed to receive something so positive. Go for it :wink:

I think this is a lovely idea, although it does depend on the nature of your breakup. :h: It's always sad when relationships end, and leaving a family can be really difficult. I'm sure they'd be really touched by your letter :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I think this is a lovely idea, although it does depend on the nature of your breakup. :h: It's always sad when relationships end, and leaving a family can be really difficult. I'm sure they'd be really touched by your letter :smile:

Well she kind of stabbed me somewhere on my upper back by cheating on me but i don't see why i should express the same feelings i have for her to her family. They were upset when they heard from her that we broke up. They really liked me ( at least i hope). Anything more i should add or change do u think? :smile:
Well she kind of stabbed me somewhere on my upper back by cheating on me but i don't see why i should express the same feelings i have for her to her family. They were upset when they heard from her that we broke up. They really liked me ( at least i hope). Anything more i should add or change do u think? :smile:

You should definitely send them a letter :h: I think sometimes if it's a very messy breakup it can be better not to contact, but it sounds like sending them a letter would be a lovely thing to do in this case :h:

I think your wording is lovely - it comes across as very genuine without sounding gushy or over the top :h:
Reply 5
Aw, you're a sweet person OP.
Reply 6
Came into the thread thinking bad idea, but the wording is perfect and you obviously had a great relationship with the family. Nice idea. :smile:

A shame we lose so much more than a partner when things don't work out. :moon:
Reply 7
i need it translated to Spanish though :/ would appreciate it if anyone that knows good Spanish can help :smile:
If (heaven forbid) I split up with my boyfriend, then I would certainly write a thank you letter to his parents because they've always been really lovely to me.

I think it's a great idea :smile:
Reply 9
So I guess anything can become ex these days. Even parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Edo123
So I guess anything can become ex these days. Even parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i guess so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending