The Student Room Group

I'm fed up with all the gimmick accounts here

Those accounts created with the sole purpose of spewing out a particular rhetoric at every opportunity, of posting countless threads advertising a specific agenda. They typically have a username related to that agenda, whether that agenda be serious or just trolling and spam (latter two are the majority).
You probably know what I'm talking about. I just think the mods should do something about the vast swathes of them here; on any other forum gimmick accounts would be banned asap...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yes, like Billydisco
Original post by RobML
Those accounts created with the sole purpose of spewing out a particular rhetoric at every opportunity, of posting countless threads advertising a specific agenda. They typically have a username related to that agenda, whether that agenda be serious or just trolling and spam (latter two are the majority).
You probably know what I'm talking about. I just think the mods should do something about the vast swathes of them here; on any other forum gimmick accounts would be banned asap...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could +rep this. Couldn’t agree more. I think we all know what/who this is about. There’s a few particular characters that seem to be popular at the minute...
I agree with you on some aspects. I mean, there are a lot of users who post only threads that benefits their agenda. It's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do.
When exam season's over they'll get bored and leave. This happens every year like clockwork.
I won't name no names but.........

Reply 6
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently, this:

labore et honore
During the 2012 Aurora Cinema Shooting (the only screening of The Dark Knight Rises to really let audience feel that the bullets were coming straight at them), some boyfriends used their bodies to shield their girlfriends from the bullets of the social reformer James Eagan Holmes. Unfortunately, I have examined photographs of girlfriends who lives were saved and none of them are particularly attractive, so it seems that the effort was for nothing.

Nonetheless, do you regard this as the ultimate expression of love?

In the opinion of a certain moderator, no longer constitutes 'trolling'.

Really, I despair.
Inb4 OP is Damoni
Why don't people in their 20s join social groups?!

srs
Really wonder why the admins haven't banned Daenerys yet. Blatant /pol/ and r/Tia troll, uses all the common tropes and cardboard phrases.
Most of the other gimmick accounts are dealt with quickly enough; Damoni just creates multiple accounts with multiple threads and spams latest, wonder why they just don't IP ban
And I get very few responses when I actually make a serious thread...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3278809&p=55212133#post55212133
Reply 11
Original post by RobML

Agreed.
Original post by TorpidPhil

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3278809&p=55212133#post55212133

What do you expect when you post a thread at 1am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So maybe they do exist: bots creating accounts faster than mods can ban them
Original post by DiddyDec
What do you expect when you post a thread at 1am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I suppose that's true.
Reply 15
Original post by Birkenhead
Inb4 OP is Damoni

Yeah I agree...
Reply 16
Original post by somemightsay888
Really wonder why the admins haven't banned Daenerys yet. Blatant /pol/ and r/Tia troll, uses all the common tropes and cardboard phrases.
Most of the other gimmick accounts are dealt with quickly enough; Damoni just creates multiple accounts with multiple threads and spams latest, wonder why they just don't IP ban

IP ban is impossible.

Damoni is not a troll. :frown:
i don't understand what you mean by gimmick accounts
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite really.
Original post by TorpidPhil

also adding on to the 1am thing, its in chat and not everyone there is looking to talk seriously, you may be better of putting it in politics.

Just food for thought :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest