The Student Room Group

Raf application process

I sit my AST 2 on 7th may, after failing by 1 first time ( missed out a few questions due to time limit so disappointed) how long roughly would you say the rest of my application will take and when or if I pass the rest will I be looking at start basic?
Reply 1
I failed my first AST by 1 mark too then passed it second time in July with flying colours, it's easier second time when you are used to the time limits.

i am about to start Basic so been 9 months for me but I had a 3 month hold up with my medical so your looking at 6 months with no hold up roughly.

good luck
So I'm looking at 6 months from now? Or 6 months since first sitting it? It's just unbelievable how quick the time went, I was just about to mark an answer before he told us to stop writing I was gutted when he told me I failed by one :frown:
Reply 3
Yeah about 6 months from when you pass it. Same for me but you know what to expect next time now.
Good luck with it :smile: For me, from first applying to my intake date so long as it doesn't change is just under 6 months. I had my date for my AST The day after I applied and that was for two weeks down the line, my interview two weeks after that, medical 3 weeks after (would have been less but was on holiday) Fitness the week after, etc. I was about 3 weeks between that and PRTC and 6 weeks between then and basic. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

Just wondering how long people have had to wait for a Medical after their interview?
3 weeks for me- but I was on hiloday for two of those which is why it was so long. What trade are you going in for? I've noticed speed of application is dependant on trade/medical results/fitness results and AFCO.
Original post by Uni-Chick
3 weeks for me- but I was on hiloday for two of those which is why it was so long. What trade are you going in for? I've noticed speed of application is dependant on trade/medical results/fitness results and AFCO.

I'm going in for the driving role logistics do you have any idea of speed of application?
Reply 8
Cool, hopefully wont be too long before I hear back.

I'm going for HR, you?
Reply 9
Anyone who has had their PJFT, how long did you guys have to wait between Medical and PJFT? Plus does your AFCO book you in or do I need to ring them? Thanks.
HR? Sorry not used to all the short names :P I'm going in as a Logs Supplier :smile:

Got my BRTC coming up, on Arnold intake. You'll know what that means soon :P

Just a few tips - DO NOT share dates for PRTC and BRTC On here. The intake you're going into will indicate to others on the same intake etc without sharing dates. The staff at Halton DO check these forums and WILL pull you up at PRTC if you share them!

My PJFT was just under a week after my medical- AFCO did it all for me so no need to worry :smile:
Reply 11
The whole application took me roughly 9 months and im finally at the end. Going in on arnold intake. Good luck for everything!

Quick Reply

Latest