The Student Room Group

University of Leeds accommodation - Leodis vs. The Tannery?

Hi guys! After visiting the accommodation open day in really stuck between applying for Leodis or applying for the Tannery... Any advice??
Reply 1
Hi! I went to the accommodation viewing on Saturday thinking that I would love Leodis but when I actually went there i thought it was positioned in a dodgey area and have to walk uphill to the uni. i was also put off by the face they had high barbed fences when none of the other sites do, which made me think that maybe there was some trouble there before. I really like the tannery with all en suites and all double beds which is always a plus and the students there said that the walk to the centre and to the uni was really short and no problem at all. So if i were you I would steer towards the Tannery but maybe look at this

http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/info/100001/prospective_students/16/accommodation_overview/3
Reply 2
I'm having the same dilemma now between these two sites. I haven't visited either of them as we ran out of time on the Open day so I don't have much to go off other than photos. The bedroom layouts seem really similar in both but Leodis seems to beat it in terms of updated kitchens and bathrooms. Plus it's slightly closer to the campus and the gym which I value. But it's the things like the 'dodgey area' and barbed wire which I haven't seen for myself that I worry about! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending