The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

!!!!Helpp Accommodation at Leeds!!!!

Hi everyone, I just got an offer at Leeds for Geography. I don't know much about the uni, only the city!! I'm quite a social person and enjoy the city as I've grown up in London so I don't know if I'd survive in the suburbs. Could anyone give me any accom suggestions? Thankss xx
I’ve applied for Henry Price!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by mazzystar44
I’ve applied for Henry Price!!

Nice!!, I was considering Henry Price, I've heard its really social, affordable and it looks nice but my only thing is, I don't know if I want to be on campus because I kind of want the opportunity to explore the city through walking/public transport etcc.. What made you pick HP?. Maybe theres other things I should consider? I was drawn more towards Leodis, its quite modern and social and a few mins from campus which I like but not so far that it's a trek every morning!
Original post by jamaicanpatty3
Nice!!, I was considering Henry Price, I've heard its really social, affordable and it looks nice but my only thing is, I don't know if I want to be on campus because I kind of want the opportunity to explore the city through walking/public transport etcc.. What made you pick HP?. Maybe theres other things I should consider? I was drawn more towards Leodis, its quite modern and social and a few mins from campus which I like but not so far that it's a trek every morning!

I wanted a slightly larger flat and Henry Price is shared between 8-10 people, I also liked that it was close to both uni and the city!! I looked at Leodis when I visited Leeds a while ago, it’s deffo a really good distance from uni and if the flats were brighter I’d deffo consider it too
Reply 4
Hi everyone, I just got an offer at Leeds for Geography. I don't know much about the uni, only the city!! I'm quite a social person and enjoy the city as I've grown up in London so I don't know if I'd survive in the suburbs. Could anyone give me any accom suggestions? Thankss xx

Hi I’m going to uni of leeds!!! I don’t know what accom to choose tho
Original post by Anonymous #1
I wanted a slightly larger flat and Henry Price is shared between 8-10 people, I also liked that it was close to both uni and the city!! I looked at Leodis when I visited Leeds a while ago, it’s deffo a really good distance from uni and if the flats were brighter I’d deffo consider it too

That is a fair point, Leodis does look slightly gloomy.. do you know anything about James Baillie from the open day?, I'm slightly far from Leeds from the school I'm at now so I wasn't able to go. I was just having a look around on the accom website and the distance was pretty decent and the flats were really modern. I've heard its pretty social too..
That is a fair point, Leodis does look slightly gloomy.. do you know anything about James Baillie from the open day?, I'm slightly far from Leeds from the school I'm at now so I wasn't able to go. I was just having a look around on the accom website and the distance was pretty decent and the flats were really modern. I've heard its pretty social too..

I’ve heard James Baillie is really social too, I’m just lazy and didn’t want to make the journey from Headingley to campus every morning haha
Reply 7

Congrats!! I've applied for geography too, leeds is the only offer i'm still waiting for x
omg hi! i’m going to leeds too! i need to get a move on and apply for accom lol. i’m thinking charles morris?

I'm also soo unsure about where to apply!! I have a pretty small budget but I really want to be as close to campus as possible because I'm chronically late... Was looking at the shared houses options because the rooms look huge for the price but I'm scared it'll be harder to make friends as it's only like 8 people to a flat and it seems quite seperate, unlike halls which I know is more social. Not sure what to prioritise, help!!
Original post by absnes

Congrats!! I've applied for geography too, leeds is the only offer i'm still waiting for x

Hope you get an offer!!!!
Original post by dorothygrace06
omg hi! i’m going to leeds too! i need to get a move on and apply for accom lol. i’m thinking charles morris?

I looked into to Charles morris but it was waayyy to expensive for me but I’ve heard it’s really social and it looks really nice inside and out which is a huge plus and it’s practically on the campus
Original post by hals11
Hi I’m going to uni of leeds!!! I don’t know what accom to choose tho

how long did you have to wait for your offer?

How long did it take to receive your offer?
Original post by princessxo10
How long did it take to receive your offer?

Applied on December 12th, got my offer Jan 22nd!
Reply 15
Montague Burton is often highly regarded in terms of distance from uni and affordability. Also heard it's on of the more social ones as you can get up to 8 people in a flat
hi! i also applied for geography! ive stayed at a friends' in white rose view and thought the flat sizes were good (6-7 ppl i think) and that the rooms were alright if a bit small. no one i spoke to had mold or silverfish either. its abt a 10 min walk from both the uni and town centre which is def a bonus
Reply 17
anyone know is lupton is a good residence???
Reply 18
Original post by Huzam001
anyone know is lupton is a good residence???

im staying there this year, its really social and everyone is really nice, i go out with my flatmates quite a lot. Yes its far away (about a 30 min walk to campus) but buses are really regular (to someone not from london at least) and its a nice walk! Also, Headingley is a really nice place with cute cafes for studying, loads of restaurants for loads of different cuisines, also a greggs, kfc, burger king..., bakeries, Sainsburys is literally round corner from lupton and there is an aldi a 20 min walk away in meanwood. It's good for getting out of the uni bubble a bit too, most people i know from other accoms haven't really left the campus/city center area. + its good for otley run and pubs. If you like running or walking there's meanwood park and trails. Can't think of a downside really.

Quick Reply

Latest