The Student Room Group

Transferring Uni's HELP

Hey am kinda confused as I have seen many conflicting information :smile: and hopefully someone can help me.

Am currently study OT at university and although I love me course, I really want to transfer to a university closer to home. I have a few questions:

1. If I apply how and where (is it ucas again) :confused:
2. Will they take into account the qualifications I got at school as I was lucky to get in, the first place :colondollar:

If someone who has transferred or understands the process could help me, I would appreciate it greatly :smile:

Thanks Again
Hi

Some unis will let you transfer directly into second year, if you've completed year 1 of a course elsewhere. It's extremely unlikely you'd be able to transfer into year 3 directly. You can only usually transfer into second year if the uni is satisfied the course content is similar enough (and you've achieved good enough grades).

Your first step would be to contact the university you're interested in directly, and ask informally about transferring. If they think you could be a suitable candidate to transfer, you would eventually apply via UCAS.

Some unis will care about your A-level grades (or other level 3 qualifications) and most will also want to be sure you have the minimum English and Maths GCSE requirements. However, a good performance in year one of your degree may help compensate for less good grades elsewhere.

This thread has lots more detail on the process and what you need to consider: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Reply 2
Hey thanks, you've been really useful!
Hey,

I transferred last year, it was a pretty easy process. My first point of calling was speaking to my current university and then my next step was as said before calling the university I wished to transfer to directly. I had to reapply through UCAS and I don't think my A-levels were taken much into account. The whole process was fairly straight forward, just make sure you notify student finance etc x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending