The Student Room Group

Kicked out of uni - what are my options?

Hi everyone,

I recently failed my second year dentistry exams and so was kicked out of uni. I am currently appealing this as I do have grounds for an appeal - however, the outcome of this appeal is not guaranteed and can go either way.

I was wondering if there's anyone who's been in this situation, or anyone at all who can give me advice as to where to go from here?

For example, would it be possible to transfer to a different uni or would any other British uni even accept me? Do I have to look abroad? Is there any other route into dentistry?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!
Were they resits you failed?
Reply 2
Original post by jsf96
Hi everyone,

I recently failed my second year dentistry exams and so was kicked out of uni. I am currently appealing this as I do have grounds for an appeal - however, the outcome of this appeal is not guaranteed and can go either way.

I was wondering if there's anyone who's been in this situation, or anyone at all who can give me advice as to where to go from here?

For example, would it be possible to transfer to a different uni or would any other British uni even accept me? Do I have to look abroad? Is there any other route into dentistry?

Usually transfers are done before the end of first year (based on fulfilling minimum entry requirements), but it is not unheard of to transfer at any point during uni, so I would go for it if I were you. If the appeal doesn't work out for you, your best bet would be to get in touch with your current university's admissions office to get a transfer before the academic year begins - which means within the next few weeks. It also depends on what the pass rates are for the prospective uni you are applying to. Different unis have different pass rates but if you meet the minimum threshold then there is no reason why they would not allow you to transfer as long as you get in there early. Also, with regards to any correspondence you have with your current university, you should always get it in writing regardless of what the issue is - whether that means email or post. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Original post by jsf96
Hi everyone,

Hey I'm in a similar situation now. I failed my first year exams and the resit examinations (as I have been quite unwell during the year) and have been asked to leave the dental school by the university. I appealed the decision however unfortunately it didn't work out, because I didn't tell the university about my situation. What did you do in the end? Did you go abroad, get to stay at your uni or did you do a different course? I know this forum was posted a while ago however any advice would be useful. Thank you!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest