The Student Room Group

Did I just get friend zoned?

Any girls help would be appreciated here.

Basically, told this girl i found her attractive a few days ago (face to face), she blushes and says 'awwww thanks'. She texts me saying the same day saying 'Thanks for the compliment'. She didn't mention anything else such as if she likes me back etc.

So, did I just get friend zoned? Or have I not made it clear enough to her I like her?
I'm a guy here but from my experience I think you've kinda made it clear but depends on how much you talk to he. If you're in constant touch and she isn't flirty with you then yes I'd assume that's whwhat's happened. If you don't speak to her all the time then it's worth saying specifically that you like her and you'd want it to turn into something meaningful :-)
Reply 2
Lmao no, how can you think this is being friendzoned?

In my opinion you haven't made it clear you want anything, making it clear would be saying "I like you" Or "do you want to go out" I comment on my friends who are girls appearance a lot doesn't mean I like them romantically.
Sounds like a good start to me. Maybe follow up with another message (or better face-to-face).

"Maybe next time I see you you'll get another one :wink:"

or

"So what do attractive people do at the weekends?"
Original post by chazwomaq
Sounds like a good start to me. Maybe follow up with another message (or better face-to-face).

or

please don't use either of them
Original post by chazwomaq

or

Don't say this, it's cheesy a ****.
By the sounds of it, no you're not "friend zoned." She could have said thanks for the compliment face-face-face, which she kind of did, so to say it again seems to imply she very well knows your intentions. If she thought of you just as a friend, I would've thought the "aw thanks" comment would be enough but instead she texted you later about it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Any girls help would be appreciated here.

Basically, told this girl i found her attractive a few days ago (face to face), she blushes and says 'awwww thanks'. She texts me saying the same day saying 'Thanks for the compliment'. She didn't mention anything else such as if she likes me back etc.

So, did I just get friend zoned? Or have I not made it clear enough to her I like her?

Probably not, if girls want to friend zone they will avoid the compliment, not bring it up later, that's the opposite of the kind of conversation you would want with someone you see nothing more than a friend.

So no, not friend zoned
See if she's flirty with you. If she shows no interest then you've most likely been brother-zoned.
I forgot to mention I hardly talk to her but whenever we walk past each other we both awkwardly smile at each other loooooool. How can I progress things further with her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending