The Student Room Group

Young Economist 2023

I was wondering if anyone had heard from the Young Economist competition bc they said the short-listed people would be sent an email by August. Do they only tell the short-listed people, or do they tell the other contestants that they didn’t get it as well?
Reply 1
thats what i was thinking! maybe im too eager but it is september now and i looked all over their website etc and theres no further details! im not sure if it maybe the unpredicted time it takes to mark a lot of essays tho im not too sure and plus they did open their entry form for like a few days after it said on the website that entries would not be accepted? anyone else facing this issue?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by D021417957
thats what i was thinking! maybe im too eager but it is september now and i looked all over their website etc and theres no further details! im not sure if it maybe the unpredicted time it takes to mark a lot of essays tho im not too sure and plus they did open their entry form for like a few days after it said on the website that entries would not be accepted? anyone else facing this issue?

I was told that the results would be released on the week commencing the 4th of september
Reply 3
well lets wait and see!

Original post by shobbs7
I was told that the results would be released on the week commencing the 4th of september
Reply 4
Original post by shobbs7

Where did you hear this?
Reply 5
Original post by crucibleoflava
I was wondering if anyone had heard from the Young Economist competition bc they said the short-listed people would be sent an email by August. Do they only tell the short-listed people, or do they tell the other contestants that they didn’t get it as well?

hi have u heard back from them?
Reply 6
Original post by cchloeli
Where did you hear this?

I emailed the support line at the start of august.
Reply 7
Original post by shobbs7
I emailed the support line at the start of august.

oh ok did they say whether all participants will get an email if they were not shortlisted?or only shortlisted entries will get emails?
Reply 8
guys shortlisted people will be notified by the 17th september - good luck everyone!
Reply 9
we heard back from them yesterday, did you guys receive this as well? :smile:
Original post by yiyzie
we heard back from them yesterday, did you guys receive this as well? :smile:

i didnt get anything from them. did they say you were shortlisted? surely they would email everyone that they either werent shortlisted or were.
Reply 11
i didnt get anything from them. did they say you were shortlisted? surely they would email everyone that they either werent shortlisted or were.

yes me and my friend heard back from them, it said that we were shortlisted however i'm not sure if people not shortlisted would have gotten an email
Original post by cchloeli
yes me and my friend heard back from them, it said that we were shortlisted however i'm not sure if people not shortlisted would have gotten an email

firstly congratulations to you and your friend! i was just gonna ask if u live in a different time zone but i cant remember if the competition was an international one.
Reply 13
firstly congratulations to you and your friend! i was just gonna ask if u live in a different time zone but i cant remember if the competition was an international one.

thank you! I live in London so i'm not sure if people internationally do enter the competition
Reply 14
Has anyone had any more info?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending