The Student Room Group

The Leeds United Thread I

Scroll to see replies

That second goal from you lot tonight. Absolute pearler.
Imagine if we were consistent.
Original post by SentryE3D
Imagine if we were consistent.

Thoughts on Steve Evans? He's our longest serving manager under Cellino, and in my opinion has done a decent job, all things considered. He's a bit of a **** at times, but I think he's learning to keep his mouth shut more.
I'd like to see what he can achieve with a summer to make signings and build his own team, not having to use the previous managers signings.
Having said that we'll probably end up with some Serie B reject, or Fabio Cannavaro.
http://telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/17/massimo-cellino-one-day-leeds-will-be-the-best-side-in-europe

Latest Cellino interview.

Tl;dr
-Cellino isn't planning on going, he isn't going to "give up the fight."
-Doesn't sound too good for Steve Evans, Cellino saying he doesn't like English coaches and won't work with one again.
- It won't be Fabio Canavaro.
-Apparently, Carlo Ancelotti said he'd coach Leeds if we make it to the Premiership.
- We will inevitably become champions of Europe.
-More bull****.
- Lots of swearing.
Season ticket details announced, with the club putting money where it's mouth is.

25% back if we fail to make the play offs. That figure changes to 50% back if we sell 15,000 tickets before the end of July.
Three wins in a row. You're ending the season strongly.

In truth, a top half finish is probably better than I expected from you lot this season. That's a real positive going forward.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Thoughts on Steve Evans? He's our longest serving manager under Cellino, and in my opinion has done a decent job, all things considered. He's a bit of a **** at times, but I think he's learning to keep his mouth shut more.
I'd like to see what he can achieve with a summer to make signings and build his own team, not having to use the previous managers signings.
Having said that we'll probably end up with some Serie B reject, or Fabio Cannavaro.

The gaffer can only be as good as the owner lets him. Cant get nowhere with the lunatic still in charge
Charlie Taylor scoops the clubs player of the year award, with Dallas taking players player, and Cook with young player of the year, and goal of the year for his effort against Fulham.
Leeds United is a awful football club they are more unstable than Donald Trump.
Can't argue with that

Paddy Kisnorbo has officially retired from football.
Love that guy. Him and Naylor at the back, god I loved our League 1 squad
32Red announced as new shirt sponsor for 3 years. Apparently the logo will be blue on the white shirt, I can only imagine any prominent red on the kit will see a massive slump in sales.
So we currently have effectively no manager, no head of recruitment, no goalkeeping coach and 21 senior players, 7 of which have 33 appearances between them and Sloth not playing a game last season.

Feeling very worried for next season.
So, Monk.

Seems a weird move for a young manager like him, to be honest. Thoughts?
It almost feels like career suicide for him. He'll probably be out of a job by Halloween and end up on the scrap heap. He did well enough at Swansea to land a much more stable opportunity somewhere.
Monk deserves better. Chuffed to have him at Leeds but I'm fearful of him working under the lunatic Italian. He'd flourish if we had stability
If he's backed financially and most importantly, given time, he'll succeed. They're quite large ifs, although I expect Cellino to go for it over the summer.
Interesting week or so at Thorpe Arch:

Bellusci, Antenucci and Bianchi all depart for Italy. Amazing how few of the 15 signed in Cellino's first summer have moved on/had very little influence.

James Beatie joins Clotet and Monk on the coaching staff.

Kyle Bartley and Antonsson have signed.

Seems like a defiant structure being put in place by the club, and signings dictated by Monk and co. The future looks bright.. Although I'm pretty sure it was like this this time last year. It's the hope that kills you.
Really wish I'd be able to see more games this season, there's almost a sense of optimism this year.

Even got the new shirt, bodyfit one too, 20% off :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest