The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread is weird. None of those things are a factor when I'm looking for a girlfriend lol
Reply 181
Original post by icdjabtjk
good luck.

He's muslim, he won't have a hard time.
Original post by icdjabtjk
good luck.

Thanks
Original post by TurboCretin
Well then it's just a puritanical worldview. You may not like the sexual liberty we have developed in this country over the past fifty years or so, but it works just fine for most people (particularly most indigenous people).

Before you start going on about divorce rates, the two may be related but there's nothing to suggest that one causes the other. Freer pre-marital sex lives and higher rates of divorce are both related to a relaxing of social stigma relating to sex and divorce respectively. Both of those things can be traced to the decline of religion in British life.

All that those social stigma served to do was to starve people of their carnal needs and to bind them to unhappy marriages. It's no wonder marriage was more 'successful' when extra-marital sex was frowned upon. Monogamous marriage has never been strong enough to survive sixty years without holding people's sex lives to ransom.
That last paragraph, i'm pretty sure extra-marital sex is still frowned upon in monogamous marriages, nothing has changed there. Unless you meant pre-marital sex?
Original post by Mankytoes
Fair enough, that isn't fully clear. What I'm saying is I think open relationships are fine in a general sense. So if someone says they are in an open relationship, I don't look down on them, and I wouldn't rule one out for myself absolutely, though I think they aren't for me, judging by my current emotions on the issue.

I would say no, because it would upset me, I love her and I enjoy our current set up, I'd ask why she was feeling this way, what else I could do. I don't mind open relationships, but I don't think it's usually a good idea to just switch back and forth whenever you're wanting some strange.

I know what you're saying, that I'm saying I don't want a girl sleeping with other people at this point, and you're saying you don't want her seeing other people at all, and you don't see much difference. But I don't see how you have any right to dictate someone's behaviour when they aren't in a relationship with you. I don't know if you know social contract theory, it's the idea that we all accept our rights and responibilities in being part of a nation state in a theoretical contract. I would say you can see a relationship the same way, there's a theoretical contract where you abide by certain behaviours, but it can only be seen as in force during the relationship.

What's in it for you though? If you open up your relationship what do you personally gain from it? Are you a cuckold or something?
Original post by Alpha Man 88
That last paragraph, i'm pretty sure extra-marital sex is still frowned upon in monogamous marriages, nothing has changed there. Unless you meant pre-marital sex?

Well, I meant to say sex outside marriage, but wasn't aware that extra-marital sex has a narrower meaning than sex outside marriage. My bad.
In no way does virginity equate in my thinking when looking for a life long partner. If the person that suits me happens to be one, then okay, but it won't sway me either way. In fact, given that I am experienced in relationships I would prefer someone on the same page as I- not necessarily just through sex but who has had similar experiences and has a similar level of emotional maturity. In the past I have been with someone with far more and far less (virgin) experience than I, and in both cases it did not work out.

In terms of sex, I enjoy being dominant. Nothing arouses me more than arousing my partner. If I am with someone who has a bit of dominance about them then I tend to ''fight'' the dominance in a friendly way when in bed (if that makes sense). I certainly do not like being submissive. Even during oral, for example, I'd prefer 69 or such to me just laying there... but that's just me.
Original post by TurboCretin
Well, I meant to say sex outside marriage, but wasn't aware that extra-marital sex has a narrower meaning than sex outside marriage. My bad.

Sex outside of marriage is still frowned upon though, most people don't condone cheating, nothing has changed there.
Original post by 41b
I suppose making someone else feel good is beyond you then? Selfish. :mad:

You're an idiot if you think that the way to make a man happy is to just be submissive. An idiot with idiotic Victorian social values who has never had any fun in bed.
Original post by 41b
Well let me tell you little Maid, if you want a man to properly love you, be submissive to him and make him feel like a King. :smile:

Little Maid :lol:

Original post by darrenlt89
Ludicrous, you have the laughable notion that all men think like you which, fortunately, they do not. As for your arrogant, patronising demeanour when you speak to females in the thread, it makes me pity you all the more.

Another idiotic chauvinistic troll for ya, eh? :smile:

Original post by bassbabe
Aww thank you :smile: I can assure you I'll have no difficulties with finding a husband who wants me to be a submissive angel, as I'm a virgin myself.

Ugh. Hate when chicks broadcast that they're virgins. Like you're putting out an ad: "I'm a virgin! I'm trying to feel special! $5 to sleep with the virgin, over here!"

:rolleyes:

Original post by Mankytoes
This shows how outdated your views are. Most women don't have casual sex because they have poor self control, they have it because, shock horror, women enjoy sex! And having consensual sex isn't immoral!

Morality has nothing to do with consensuality. :colonhash: Morality is about if it's done in accordance to what is right or beneficial to the environment, humanity, society, etc. Having sex basically is harmless but if everyone starts having premarital or casual sex it def creates a common, apathetic and probably destructive view and societal mindset toward sex that sex isn't supposed to have. Sex is meant to be cherished b/c it's really for creating a healthy child in a positive environment, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And yes, women enjoy sex but many have poor self control when it comes to their indulgence and aha casual practices. It's easy for it to be consensual when you're not sobre, but at the same time if you've been drinking do you even fully realise you're giving consent. :colonhash: (I bring in drinking with clubbing and then pulling, which is how it normally happens. I hope people don't leave the bookstore to **** someone they met there).
Original post by Friar Chris
You're an idiot if you think that the way to make a man happy is to just be submissive. An idiot with idiotic Victorian social values who has never had any fun in bed.

Submission is a classic golden ticket to a content man and a stable relationship. Sure it's old fashioned but it's generally effective. These days with the lines b/t gender roles blurring, you now get beta men who want an alpha chick to compensate for his sexual or intellectual insecurities. So of course those "men" don't want a submissive female. Most men do want a woman who doesn't stress them, wear them out, bring them down, nor emasculate him and they want someone who will support them. That is basically submissive.
:lol:

All this thread is doing is telling us that the OP is a virgin and out of desperation, has fallen into the woman-hating ways so practiced by many bitter, immature neckbeards

They tell themselves that the reason they are so incompetent in attracting women is because of the Great Feminist Conspiracy (TM), that they are waiting to find the right submissive virgin (rather than the truth that they simply cannot find a woman who would kiss them, let alone get in bed with them)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Submission is a classic golden ticket to a content man and a stable relationship.

The only guys who truly believe that are bitter MRA virgins and psychopaths.
Original post by MatthewParis
The only guys who truly believe that are bitter MRA virgins and psychopaths.

I saw your first quote :colonhash: and I'm not even angry, I'm sleepy, & if alpha means straight to the point then yes, I am alpha.

Anyway whatever. I don't agree; most men deep down want a simple woman who doesn't stress them out. Submission has such a negative connotation like he's literally tying her up and pinning her to the ground, no. It's mentally submitting to your man as in, not fighting him tooth n nail about stupid **** and not making sex about competition but communication and compassion. Idk anyone who doesn't want that. :colonhash:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
if alpha means straight to the point then yes, I am alpha

You're an alpha female? Doesn't that mean no man would want you?
Original post by MatthewParis
You're an alpha female? Doesn't that mean no man would want you?

Alpha just means strong personality. I can have a strong personality and want & therefore maintain harmony in a relationship. And I have. You're the one who called me alpha in your deleted post.

You can be beta/a social softie, and raise hell with your partner by being immature or argumentative or detached or irresponsible or insecure or sexually inhibited, etc.
To be fair, I would just prefer to find a woman first, fall in love, treat her right, have a relationship, and then get married, when I am sure I am with the right one. I can't be too choosey and suddenly rule out virgins or non-virgins, dominants or submissives etc.

:nyan::nyan::nyan:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alpha Man 88
Sex outside of marriage is still frowned upon though, most people don't condone cheating, nothing has changed there.

Sex outside marriage just means sex between two people who are not married... It doesn't mean either of them is married to someone else.
Original post by The Reasoner
We could easily survive without women actually, for many men women are only needed for sex, you don't have to be in a relationship to have sex with a woman. Women rely on men more to help them with child bearing and financial security. Quite simply women need men men don't need women, we just use you to our advantage rather than you being something we need. :smile:

Oh, Reasoner, please tell me...how could men survive on Earth without women?
Original post by Maid Marian
That's a bit mean, I don't think there's anything special or particularly 'good' about being a virgin.

Neither do I obviously? Hence me mocking her broadcasting it.

Latest

Trending

Trending