The Student Room Group

Manchester Medical School: Health Questionnaire

Can you be denied entry into the course if you haven't had certain vaccines?
The deadline for getting the filled in quistionnaire back to them is June 4th, I still haven't sent mine back cause I recently moved house and had to register at a new GP and now i'm concerned because i dont know whether i'm up to date with vaccines or not and i dont know whether or not this can affect my offer?
You can't be denied because of vaccinations, idk about manchester but my school gave us all the shots we were missing.

Worse comes to worse they don't let you participate on clinical rotations but I can't imagine you being on clinical rotations at the beginning of first year.
Reply 2
Original post by insert-username
Can you be denied entry into the course if you haven't had certain vaccines?
The deadline for getting the filled in quistionnaire back to them is June 4th, I still haven't sent mine back cause I recently moved house and had to register at a new GP and now i'm concerned because i dont know whether i'm up to date with vaccines or not and i dont know whether or not this can affect my offer?

You still have a month before the deadline - surely enough to get a copy of your vaccination records and send it to the university? If you're struggling, get in touch with them - they'll be far more sympathetic if you let them know your situation beforehand.

AFAIK they won't deny you entry to the course, but may make sure you have them before allowing you to go on clinical placements etc.
Thank you both for your helpful replies
I went to my new/current gp surgery today to ask one of the secretaries about it and they'v told me to have the form filled in by my previous gp clinic as it will take a number of weeks for all my medical records to be transferred.So i'v booked an appointment at my old GP for monday to give them the form, hopefully it should be done by the end of the week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending