The Student Room Group

Paramedic science admission

I have a conditional offer for paramedic science at uni does anyone know what a medical clearance and completion of a Self-Declaration form is? I read the info on the uni website but cannot make much sense of it
Original post by EClarke66
I have a conditional offer for paramedic science at uni does anyone know what a medical clearance and completion of a Self-Declaration form is? I read the info on the uni website but cannot make much sense of it

If you post the link, I can take a look for you. All healthcare courses will require applicants to complete health screening and often a DBS check so it is standard procedure.

That all seems fairly standard. The process for my DD for a healthcare course (not paramedic) was that, once her place was confirmed after results day, she completed the DBS check. When she started uni, she was required to fill in a health questionnaire and provide evidence of vaccinations (her childhood red book was suffficient), and attend a health screening appointment. I presume all courses will go through a similar procedure once places are confirmed in summer, but if you are in any doubt and think that some information might be required now, just call your uni to check.
Reply 4
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending