The Student Room Group

i think my boyfriend has feelings for his ex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have repeated that she shouldnt be his concern anymore as she is in the past and got people to worry about her in her life. I mentioned it is even worse she apparently has feelings for him and he could block her or at least show me that he has told her he is with me and doesnt want her. He told me he wont block her as he wants to know whether she is in trouble. He also said her health is more important than my pettiness... nice

In other words, he is never going to stop maintaining contact with his ex. The writing is on the wall dear, its time to ask yourself if you can really see yourself being in a relationship with someone that cannot make compromises for you.
What's so damn wrong with her health? If he cares that much maybe he should become a doctor and help her free of charge!

EDIT: Sounds like you gave him an ultimatum or at the very least talked to him about it. I say dump him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hockham jaynsaw
Well, at least he gets one last peck. That's courteous of you!

People don't call me kind for nothing..
Original post by Peachykeen09
What's so damn wrong with her health? If he cares that much maybe he should become a doctor and help her free of charge!

EDIT: Sounds like you gave him an ultimatum or at the very least talked to him about it. I say dump him.

Shes an alcoholic and self harmer.

He says he wont block her :frown: its only been a few times they have spoken throughout her relationship but i dont want to be insecure.
Original post by Anonymous
Shes an alcoholic and self harmer.

He says he wont block her :frown: its only been a few times they have spoken throughout her relationship but i dont want to be insecure.

erm shouldn't her family take care of her? Not for her to rely on her ex... next thing she will tell him she will cut her wrists if he won't dump you
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
In other words, he is never going to stop maintaining contact with his ex. The writing is on the wall dear, its time to ask yourself if you can really see yourself being in a relationship with someone that cannot make compromises for you.

Basically not.. he just says in the last year he has only contacted her twice and it was only two short conversations. After he initiated a conversation with him a couple of weeks ago he says he hasnt spoken to her since.

What I find most annoying is that he tells me she asked him to meet up a few months ago, and that she doesn"t believe he is that bothered about me. I asked him about it and he said he has told her about me but she knows how much he loved her so doesnt believe he could be that into me. I said to him before i want him to convince her he loves me so she knows and he says she wont believe it but is also worries she will self harm if she does. He wont let me read the conversation because apparently i wont like what she has said to him.

Basically he will never block her. Even though he says they are not talking and its only been a few conversations in months about he is only interested in her health.. he is leaving it open for a girl he was involved with that has feelings to contact him whenever she wants.

Im guessing if you were in this situation you would leave?
Original post by TurboCretin
I think that might be premature, but I don't think it's petty to ask him to cut ties with her. If she's that important that he won't put your wishes first, then maybe that's something you have to question.

Just thought I would update. He has told me he has thought about it and will block her as he wants to be with me and if anything serious happened to her he would probably find out anyway through other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending