The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Accidentally selected wrong course on student finance

I accidentally selected American Studies and English without a year abroad because the ucas codes are apparently the same? does this effect my application for a student loan or will it not matter because the year abroad isn't until the 3rd year?
I believe that at some point you'll need to inform them with a change of circumstances application which the university does for you, this is preferably done ASAP. For now you should contact the university you've applied to and explain what's happened.

Original post by milliec7
I accidentally selected American Studies and English without a year abroad because the ucas codes are apparently the same? does this effect my application for a student loan or will it not matter because the year abroad isn't until the 3rd year?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
You should be able to change it yourself. Supposedly, you can change it on the student finance website, but that never worked for me, so what I did (changed my mind about what I was going to put as my firm) was log in to the student finance website, and click "Change your application" at the bottom of your application info.

After that, select "Change course/university", and either it'll link you to a Change of Circumstances form which you'll need to print out, fill in, and post to them, or it will let you just do it online :smile:
Reply 3
How long did it take them to make the change. It says at least 6 weeks but is it that long?
Reply 4
Original post by JoseAQ
How long did it take them to make the change. It says at least 6 weeks but is it that long?

I did this same thing, in about a week I had a new letter from them confirming the change of course and my finances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending