The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Will I get in with lower grades than expected?

So I got a conditional offer from UoN back in January to study Criminology with Social Policy and they are looking for ABB. My predicted grades are CD and I already achieved AC, the uni knows about it and still made me an offer. Will I actually get in if I don't get BB? I am resitting one of the units in both subjects which are Psychology and Media Studies but I just found out that I have to get two A's in the exams in order to get a B and same goes for Psychology. I will work extra hard to get those grades but what if I get CC or BC?
Original post by missmayasx
So I got a conditional offer from UoN back in January to study Criminology with Social Policy and they are looking for ABB. My predicted grades are CD and I already achieved AC, the uni knows about it and still made me an offer. Will I actually get in if I don't get BB? I am resitting one of the units in both subjects which are Psychology and Media Studies but I just found out that I have to get two A's in the exams in order to get a B and same goes for Psychology. I will work extra hard to get those grades but what if I get CC or BC?

Hey!

I am a mature student and they've offered me a conditional place (only subject to passing the occupational health check and DBS) on the nursing course even though one of my grades is lower than they ask for. So it does happen. Nursing is different as we had to go to an interview, which is what secured my place. It all gets taken into account, like your personal statement, the amount of places on the course and the amount of students who acheive high grades. Just strive to do as well as you can, stay positive.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by missmayasx

Realistically - no. They might let you off with BBB or BBC is you are lucky and there is no fierce competition that year. But they won't let their UCAS average slip much further than this. They are concerned that they aren't attracted enough AAA/A*AA students as it is, so their requirements will only be made tougher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending