The Student Room Group

Drama queens demand council changes "offensive" street name

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There's a Bell End in the village I grew up in.
Angry jazzhands
Oh, come on. I can see how they'd find it offensive if they didn't know the history of the name but if they knew it was named in memory of someone it's just silly to take offence. It definitely shouldn't be changed - although having said that perhaps an apostrophe would come in handy....
They'd be much better off dedicating their energy to fighting actual homophobia imo.
Original post by thesabbath
A gay couple are demanding a street named after a local gas fitter is renamed because it is offensive to homosexuals.
Phillip Tucker and his husband Ian, who have lived in Borough Green in Kent for more than seven years, are calling for the name - Bangays Way - to be changed.
It was called after Frank Bangay, a former parish councillor, historian and school governor, who died in December 1999, as a tribute to his dedication to the village.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081638/Gay-couple-demand-street-called-Bangays-Way-renamed-offensive-homosexuals-actually-named-local-gas-fitter.html

I suppose it would be "homophobic" not to :rolleyes:

I laughed when I saw the ridiculousness (is that even a word?!) of the situation - not surprised dailymail considers this 'news' :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending