The Student Room Group

Driving test with or without instructor?

Hi guys,

My 2nd test is this week and I'm just wondering would it be beneficial to have my instructor in the car with me? I didn't have him in the car for my first test and failed (which I accept), Do you think this influences the examiners decision more? I know ultimately whether you pass or fail is down to how safe a driver you are but in your experiences, did you pass with your instructor or did you fail without but knew you should have passed? Looking for your thoughts :smile:
I had mine in the car, passed first time because I was good at driving, not because of instructors influence.

Don't lay blame on others if 'you' are the one that failed.
might be worth having them there so that his presence keeps you properly focussed. also means that you'll know what he would say if e.g. you didn't feed the steering wheel through, etc.

might also make you feel more comfortable and at ease? good luck!
Reply 3
Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread - is there a way to move this into the 'Learning to Drive' thread? Thanks
Reply 4
I took my test last week and chose not to take my instructor because I thought it would be too much pressure having two people watching my every move.

I passed first time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending