The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever been completely in love more than once?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Yes, it is nuts and can cloud your judgment completely.

So you've been in love twice at the same time?
Reply 21
When I was 14/15 I thought I loved my partner at the time. Turned out it was just a huge obsession. I was a child, I didn't even know much about him (17month relationship though).
I fell completely in love with my most recent partner, as you already know. So I've only fell madly in love just the one time. People tell me I'll move on and find someone else who I'll be crazy about, but deep down I know that it'll never be the same with anyone else. I act like I'm over him, that I no longer want him nor love him, but I'm lying to myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuckMeBeautiful
Well two times but forgot about the first time because although I was in love I feel like this time it's stronger

This. The weirdest thing is that the first time seems so foreign in comparison - unrecognisable even
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Sorry to hear :hugs:

Have you been with anyone since?

Aww thanks :cute:

No, not yet... It just doesn't feel right. Maybe someday I'll get over it and move on :tongue:
How can you tell it's stronger?

You know when you're obsessed with them like you get depressed if you don't meet often etc. With the first one, I wasn't obsessed with him so is why I believe this time it's stronger. You had several relationships?
Original post by NutE
When I was 14/15 I thought I loved my partner at the time. Turned out it was just a huge obsession. I was a child, I didn't even know much about him (17month relationship though).
I fell completely in love with my most recent partner, as you already know. So I've only fell madly in love just the one time. People tell me I'll move on and find someone else who I'll be crazy about, but deep down I know that it'll never be the same with anyone else. I act like I'm over him, that I no longer want him nor love him, but I'm lying to myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

It always feels like that I think, like you'll never find anyone else who compares to him but when you do meet that guy you'll literally forget everything about your ex :smile:

Original post by Boundless_x
Aww thanks :cute:

No, not yet... It just doesn't feel right. Maybe someday I'll get over it and move on :tongue:

Ah ok, yeah I think when it feels right straight away then you know you're onto something :yep:

You know when you're obsessed with them like you get depressed if you don't meet often etc. With the first one, I wasn't obsessed with him so is why I believe this time it's stronger. You had several relationships?

Yeah I know the feeling haha, right I see :smile:

Yeah I've had a few encounters with girls and one kiddie relationship, none of them compare to what I have now though :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Once, right now.

I thought that i had been in love before with my previous boyfriend, but i know now that i wasn't. Or i was, but it was more of a 'I've known you a long time and i deeply care for you' sort of love.
But this time it is so different. I don't know how to describe it, i just know. It is the best feeling i have ever experienced, and i hope with all my heart that i never lose it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know the feeling haha, right I see :smile:

Yeah I've had a few encounters with girls and one kiddie relationship, none of them compare to what I have now though :smile:

That's so sweet, totally get those kids into gymnastics :wink:

Hahahaha family goalsss
Original post by LiquidGold
Once, right now.

I thought that i had been in love before with my previous boyfriend, but i know now that i wasn't. Or i was, but it was more of a 'I've known you a long time and i deeply care for you' sort of love.
But this time it is so different. I don't know how to describe it, i just know. It is the best feeling i have ever experienced, and i hope with all my heart that i never lose it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's nice :smile:

Hahaha wow :rolleyes:
I've had 3 dumb crushes and one crush that I realised too late but that's it.
I'd throw around 'i love you' but it's never been concrete genuine

Crushed on a lot of people though :innocent:
Yeah once with my left hand, then my right hand.
Nope, only the one time. Though I tried not to allow myself to love her fully because I knew that being with her wouldn't be smart in the long term.
Reply 34
Original post by william walker
Just the once for me.

You said you only came close to it though not that you DID love them?
Madly infatuated twice, never in love.. although I thought it was love at the time
Original post by Zeldaintheflesh
Madly infatuated twice, never in love.. although I thought it was love at the time

How do you know it's not love now?
Reply 37
Been in love once, it's an interesting feeling when I look back on it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Protégé
Nope, only the one time. Though I tried not to allow myself to love her fully because I knew that being with her wouldn't be smart in the long term.

Did it work not falling in love fully?
Twice, but I'd like to think the first time round was a fluke, I look back and think "Why did I do that?!" =(
No
No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending