The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

New College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
jakeanders
Richard Dawkins is a visiting fellow at New. As far as I can make out this means he is never there. I've been there a term now and haven't seen him once.

Good luck on your interviews and even better luck on getting a signed Dawkins photo!

Awww no! My dreams are shattered! Ah well, bring on the interview!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Aaahhh I came back from my interview at New College today...and I LOVE it! Looks like I shall be crying either way whenever the offer/rejection letter heads my way.
Reply 42
Oh, how did it go?

I'm going off tomorrow...
Reply 43
What's the reputation/stereotype of New College? It looked very good when I saw it today! Like a castle - crazy.
Reply 44
Doesn't seem to have much of a rep from what I gather, despite it being one of the bigger colleges. I thought it was pretty impressive as well - some of the other big name colleges must be really stunning.
dont suppose anyone knows when new college usually send decision letters???
like all interviewees (im sure) im finding it most difficult to try and put the whole oxford thing to one side!!!!!!!!
Reply 46
Not today?
Reply 47
i got mine yesterday
Reply 48
Hi everyone. I applied for and was offered a deferred place at New to read History last year. Thankfully made my offer, so who will I be seeing in October 2008?

New seemed really nice so I hope I made the right college choice.
Reply 49
yeah me to but for law!anyone else?
Reply 50
Richard Dawkins is around quite a bit... I've seen him at least three times.

He was at high table at Christmas, and said grace. Irony!
Reply 51
i should hopefully be at new in October
Anyone here studying English at New?
Reply 53
Hey I was thinking og applying for Chemistry here next year. Apparently it's one of the bigger, more well-known colleges. Would this mean the competition would be more difficult at interview? Anybody have any advice on whether this college choice thing makes that much of a difference to admission chances?
Reply 54
Is the food at New really that bad? It seems to be the main negative point thrown around about it...
Reply 55
Does accomodation have ethernet connections? - Thanks.
Reply 56
The food has improved a lot over the last year. Compared to some colleges, yeah it's not amazing, but overall it's really not that bad at all.

All rooms (I'm almost certain) have ethernet connection points you can plug your computer (but not anything else e.g. router) in to. If you're a Fresher this October '08 and have signed up for the Freshers' mailing list at http://www.newarmy.co.uk/freshers/ then you'll get a message from me at some point soon regarding getting an ethernet cable if you need one but have no idea what to do about it.
Reply 57
do any of the students, know if New will be open on the 19th for prospective students, its not on the list of colleges open, on the oxford website, but can we still get a tour etc.
Hello all...I'm a gap year student who is re-applying after failing to get in to Balliol. I'm thinking Wadham or New; however someone from my old school is applying for Law at Wadham so I'm not sure how this affects my chances, whilst New's position in the Norrington table is slightly intimidating. Anyone got any advice?

:smile: C xxx.
Also, what are the English tutors like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending