The Student Room Group

I don't know how BUSS1 AQA went :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah it was. I talked about how Ed could lose the investment he put into the business due to limited liability and thus lose the equipment he brought from his uncle as after the 3 months trade credit he may not be able to pay him for all of the supplies, thus increasing the risk for his uncles business rather than Ed's. I put about 2-3 other points to ensure a few more marks, must admit i left it till the end to go back. The case study in my opinion was very useful and resourceful, with the help from his budgets the two 15 markers were quite easy. what did anyone else put for the last 15 marker whether he should or not of became an entrepreneur (something along them lines).
Original post by Jack109
Yeah it was. I talked about how Ed could lose the investment he put into the business due to limited liability and thus lose the equipment he brought from his uncle as after the 3 months trade credit he may not be able to pay him for all of the supplies, thus increasing the risk for his uncles business rather than Ed's. I put about 2-3 other points to ensure a few more marks, must admit i left it till the end to go back. The case study in my opinion was very useful and resourceful, with the help from his budgets the two 15 markers were quite easy. what did anyone else put for the last 15 marker whether he should or not of became an entrepreneur (something along them lines).

The forecasted profit was around 6300 was it cant remember. It was 75000- 68... i also defined entrepreneur.
Reply 22
Original post by Jack109

Yeah sounds like you've done well on the limited liability question. I did the last 15 marker with about 5 minutes to spare so was very rushed. I just said that Ed's wage as an entrepreneur could reach in excess of £40000, considerably higher than his fixed rate of £25000 as a full time employee. Did a few other points as well but cant remember those. I said however that Ed's wage as a full time employee would ensure that he'd always have the same income every year and is not unpredictable which would be the case as an entrepreneur.
Original post by pastagirl
For the maths question would I get a mark for putting the formula of total costs= fixed costs + variable costs???

I'm not too sure on that one- depends on what the examiner is like- what mood they are in if you know what I mean
Original post by edengrace98
Do not stress about how the exam went i am sure you all did alot better than you thought, after seeing what you put for the fixed costs answer i am slightly worried as i worked ed's fixed costs to be £8000. I struggled with my time keeping within the exam and had only just started the last questions with 5 minutes to go, i chose to use the time wisely showing the suitable formulas within that questions and defining entrepreneur then giving two reasons for and getting started on against.

Now thats 40% done i am currently after posting this reply preparing for buss2 need help ! confidence doesn't even exist nowadays with business. Best of luck with your results.

I agree. The answer was £800, so don't worry :smile:
Original post by Mysterious4
Yes, I only managed one point on the last question, and I didn't include any calculations :frown: How did you do?

The exact same thing happened to me on the last question as well! Just need to work on my timings for BUSS2 now
Reply 26
I think I did really bad in Buss1. Can anyone help me how I should revise for Buss2 to get an A to pull up my Buss1.
Please give any suggestions. I'm sitting Busines studies exam as an external candidate.
Original post by y95x
I think I did really bad in Buss1. Can anyone help me how I should revise for Buss2 to get an A to pull up my Buss1.
Please give any suggestions. I'm sitting Busines studies exam as an external candidate.

Type in on Google 'Business as level revision notes'. There should be a link to a post on the student room. They are really good notes, I have been using them.
Original post by katielaybourn
The exact same thing happened to me on the last question as well! Just need to work on my timings for BUSS2 now

Good luck, you will be fine :smile:
Good luck, you will be fine :smile:

Thank you! So will you :smile:
Thank you! So will you :smile:

Thanks! It's a shame we aren't allowed watches in the exam to keep an eye on the time :frown:
Thanks! It's a shame we aren't allowed watches in the exam to keep an eye on the time :frown:

You're not allowed to wear a watch in your exam? I always wear mine!

Do your invigilators put a clock on the wall or something?
You're not allowed to wear a watch in your exam? I always wear mine!

Do your invigilators put a clock on the wall or something?

Yeah, we are not allowed watches, in case they are 'smart' watches :s-smilie:

There are clocks luckily, but 2 of them are really small, and so its sometimes difficult to read them if its in the wrong light
Yeah, we are not allowed watches, in case they are 'smart' watches :s-smilie:

There are clocks luckily, but 2 of them are really small, and so its sometimes difficult to read them if its in the wrong light

That sucks! Is that a proper rule then? I've never sat in an exam where I've been told I'm not allowed my watch on.
That sucks! Is that a proper rule then? I've never sat in an exam where I've been told I'm not allowed my watch on.

Yeah, we got sent a letter from the college which explained that they don't know which watches are smart watches, and so have decided to ban all watches :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending