The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if the offers are the same as they say on their website, or do they give out higher offers due to the large amount of applicants?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I got my Edinburgh offer yesterday for IR.
Original post by whoskal
Does anyone know if the offers are the same as they say on their website, or do they give out higher offers due to the large amount of applicants?

It depends. Having the minimum entry requirements is essential but most people will have an offer which is close the typical offer. Some may be asked for more or less depending on their personal circumstances. Obviously the more competitive the course- the more likely the offers are going to be high - indeed on very competitive courses even those with the typical offer AAA at A level may not even get an offer at all as there were be far more candidates than places available places .

Good luck

PS This is of course assuming you are a home/EU candidate- things are a little more flexible for international students because they bring in more money!
Original post by perthy25
I got my Edinburgh offer yesterday for IR.

Congrats! Are you international or UK/EU?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by eleonorav
Congrats! Are you international or UK/EU?

Thanks! I'm an international student.
Reply 385
I just received an unconditional for maths 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
For all who've recieved offers (especially international students), when did you send in your UCAS?
Reply 387
Original post by azafran
For all who've recieved offers (especially international students), when did you send in your UCAS?

I sent my application 2 weeks ago (I'm a Scottish student).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azafran

Got offer on 20th October after applying on 9th October.
International applicant for chemistry department

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got english Lit offers? Sent mine off last week, but no reply yet
Original post by C0balt
Got offer on 20th October after applying on 9th October.
International applicant for chemistry department

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you international or EU. Sent mine the week before the Cambridge deadline and still haven't heard.
Reply 391
Has anyone heard about Languages yet?
Original post by GEPelan
Are you international or EU. Sent mine the week before the Cambridge deadline and still haven't heard.

International fee applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azafran

I sent mine in before the October deadline and only got last week,

Original post by Tom5pence
Anyone got english Lit offers? Sent mine off last week, but no reply yet

My friend applied and received an offer within the week.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a facebook group for offer holders?
Reply 394
Hi, I want to go to Edinburgh but doubt I'll get an offer what do you lot think?
GCSEs (terrible): 7 B's 4 C's
AS: BBCD (eng Lang, business studies, economics and geography respectively)
Predicted: AAB
Want to do business with marketing, typical offer is AAA, minimum is ABB.
Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gstar7
I just received an unconditional for maths 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine for maths yesterday too! Congrats btw!! Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by devenire
I got mine for maths yesterday too! Congrats btw!! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Thanks. Congrats to you to! I applied for chemistry at Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow and Maths at Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I've got three unconditionals at the moment just waiting on chemistry at Edinburgh and Strathclyde 😁 What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gstar7
Thanks. Congrats to you to! I applied for chemistry at Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow and Maths at Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I've got three unconditionals at the moment just waiting on chemistry at Edinburgh and Strathclyde 😁 What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo nice choices! Your personal statement must have been so hard haha! I got an unconditional for maths at Glasgow, and then I applied to UCL and Imperial but I haven't heard back from them yet ahh :smile: Do you know which one you'll choose between maths or chem?
Reply 398
Original post by devenire
Ooo nice choices! Your personal statement must have been so hard haha! I got an unconditional for maths at Glasgow, and then I applied to UCL and Imperial but I haven't heard back from them yet ahh :smile: Do you know which one you'll choose between maths or chem?

I keep on changing my mind that's why I applied for both but I expect I'll choose last minute haha. I wrote my personal statement purely for chemistry so I doubt the maths department read it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gstar7
I keep on changing my mind that's why I applied for both but I expect I'll choose last minute haha. I wrote my personal statement purely for chemistry so I doubt the maths department read it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah fair, at least in Scottish unis you can do both in first year if you want to right? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending