The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ivoryfall
Its exactly because your where you deserve it! Give them a call and get the ins and outs on the finance details with them :smile: I am sure you will be okay! EU students only pay £1820 (I think) in fee, unlike UK who pay £9000!

Not to be rude, but giving false hope to applicants is unhelpful to say the least. Linaria is right to be concerned - the NOK/GBP exchange rate is atrocious at the moment, and as Norwegians pay full international rates of tuition, we're not talking about a few hundred quid either way. For Linaria's sake, I hope the forex situation evens out a bit.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Not to be rude, but giving false hope to applicants is unhelpful to say the least. Linaria is right to be concerned - the NOK/GBP exchange rate is atrocious at the moment, and as Norwegians pay full international rates of tuition, we're not talking about a few hundred quid either way. For Linaria's sake, I hope the forex situation evens out a bit.

Of course, but as she said she is going to call them I am sure she will get her answer. As for the fees, I didn't realise that Norway wasn't included in EU fee rates? That just isn't something I would've immediately concluded since by living in Sweden I'm classed as EU and Norway is its immediate neighbour.
It's not really false hope, I'm just being positive and trying to help a fellow applicant not panic. Apologies if it seems like I'm anything other than goodwill.
Reply 582
Offer A*AA for mathematics
Original post by maranas
Offer A*AA for mathematics

I got offer for mathemtics a week ago too 😊
What year is your entry? I mean the first or sencond year :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 584
Original post by Katie Bui
I got offer for mathemtics a week ago too 😊
What year is your entry? I mean the first or sencond year :biggrin:

First year it seems. I applied for G102 which is 4 years in total :smile: You? Is Edinburgh going to be your first choice? Have you had any other offers?
Original post by maranas
First year it seems. I applied for G102 which is 4 years in total :smile: You? Is Edinburgh going to be your first choice? Have you had any other offers?

Really!!! my offer is ABB at edinburgh, if ingot A*AA they would put me into second year and i also got AAA from king's college. What about u?
Original post by Ivoryfall
I didn't realise that Norway wasn't included in EU fee rates?

Norway's not in the EU :wink:
I'm hoping for an unconditional.
I'm Scottish.
Reply 588
Original post by Katie Bui
Really!!! my offer is ABB at edinburgh, if ingot A*AA they would put me into second year and i also got AAA from king's college. What about u?

Oh I don't know, to be honest, I don't remember having to choose between first or second year. Probably second year then. And my offer doesn't say anything about ABB for first year, and A*AA for second. Did you apply to the same course as me, it's G102 I think.
I asked a girl at school who said that A-levels are slightly different to the Scottish equivalent examination, and for this reason, having done maths and further maths at a-level means I should enter a Scottish university at second year.

I don't have any other offers yet. Do you have an idea about which universities will be your first and back up choices?
Original post by maranas
Oh I don't know, to be honest, I don't remember having to choose between first or second year. Probably second year then. And my offer doesn't say anything about ABB for first year, and A*AA for second. Did you apply to the same course as me, it's G102 I think.
I asked a girl at school who said that A-levels are slightly different to the Scottish equivalent examination, and for this reason, having done maths and further maths at a-level means I should enter a Scottish university at second year.

I don't have any other offers yet. Do you have an idea about which universities will be your first and back up choices?

Wouldn't recommend going straight into second year tbh.. Having done A-level maths doesn't mean you'll have covered first year material, not in the slightest. Unless you are very naturally gifted you'll probably struggle.
Original post by maranas

Oh okay, my course is G100, so it's 4 years, yours probably 3 years, start from second year. However, i didnt expect my offer is going to be ABB. As on their website, i thought it's should be AAA, same as KCL offer. So i apply both unis because they have the same entry requirements, in case one of them might reject me so i got the other one, and I was going to firm edinburgh if they both accept me. But, unexpectedly, edinburgh gave me quite low offer, even lower than my insurance and people said Im lucky (which is very good 😃). My insurance is AAB at lancaster and loughborough, and i also got offer from them already.
So now, i got to choose between kcl and edinburgh, which one to be firm and which one to be insurance. But I havent visited both of the universities, so I have to see them first before making my decision.
Where else have u apply?
Has anyone got an offer for finance??
I got an Unconditional for Edinburgh yesterday, my first choice! I'm studying Architecture! 😄
Reply 593
Original post by Chughes1
Has anyone got an offer for finance??

I just got my offer for Accounting and Finance, know it's a slightly different course, for ABB. Shocked as the entry requirement and typical offer grade is AAA. Took nearly 8 weeks for them to offer me.
Original post by k8jlee
I just got my offer for Accounting and Finance, know it's a slightly different course, for ABB. Shocked as the entry requirement and typical offer grade is AAA. Took nearly 8 weeks for them to offer me.
Are you an international student applying??
Reply 595
any law applicants get an offer yet?
Original post by afern
I got the second email the day after a bunch of my friends heard back from the unis they'd applied to (one of the days when early application decisions were announced in the US!) and I freaked out in the middle of class, opened the email and felt completely betrayed :colonhash:

Yeah they seem to be the ones emailing me the most just to find its not even an offer! I still haven't got an offer from them :frown:
Reply 597
Original post by Chughes1
Are you an international student applying??

I'm from England, so considered to have a different fee status to Scotland.
I have recently received an offer requiring AAA but it says 'in one sittng.' Does anyone know what this means? Am i not allowed to resit any As modules?
Thanks in advance.
Reply 599
Original post by NoahHowlett
I have recently received an offer requiring AAA but it says 'in one sittng.' Does anyone know what this means? Am i not allowed to resit any As modules?
Thanks in advance.

You'll be allowed to resist As modules provided you sit them at the same time as your A2 and get the grades you need this results day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending