The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Did any European student get an offer for Biochemistry?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 781
Original post by sammyj7182
Any other physicists hoping to go to Edinburgh next year?

Yeah! I have applied for Mathematical Physics. What course have you applied for?
Reply 782
Yes I have been accepted onto an MPhys, what course did you apply for?

Congratulations, will you be accepting? How long did you take for you to hear you got it? Informatics. ☺️
Any other physicists hoping to go to Edinburgh next year?

Me! I've got an offer for Mathematical Physics (MPhys in case you're curious)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AC57
Okay so is anyone still waiting (for languages specifically) ?? Sent off my application in October and haven't heard anything

I applied for linguistics in early October and I've heard nothing back.
Reply 785
Original post by Dusty Pigeon
Me! I've got an offer for Mathematical Physics (MPhys in case you're curious)

Congratulations! Im applying to exactly the same course :biggrin: Still haven't got an offer though since my application was only sent on the 9th. What is your offer? Is it your first choice? What other unis are you applying to?
Original post by PLM98
Congratulations! Im applying to exactly the same course :biggrin: Still haven't got an offer though since my application was only sent on the 9th. What is your offer? Is it your first choice? What other unis are you applying to?

Oh nice! Thank you and good luck with your application; I'm sure everything will go well. They offered my AAA, and yeah I'm pretty sure I will make Edi my first choice. As well as Edinburgh, I applied to Bristol, King's, St Andrews and York.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 787
Oh nice! Thank you and good luck with your application; I'm sure everything will go well. They offered my AAA, and yeah I'm pretty sure I will make Edi my first choice. As well as Edinburgh, I applied to Bristol, King's, St Andrews and York.

I think ill make Edinburgh my first choice as well, our course has a massive list of cool modules and a great programme structure. I applied for St Andrews too! :biggrin:(Maths and TP). I also applied to Warwick, Imperial and Bath. Thank you!!
Reply 788
Anyone heard anything back for Biomed at Edinburgh?
Reply 789
Original post by biomed_

Nope-still waiting....where else have you applied?
Reply 790
Original post by CristinaOS
Nope-still waiting....where else have you applied?

I've got unconditionals from Dundee, Robert Gordon and Glasgow Cale. A conditional from Aberdeen so just waiting for Edinburgh! What about you?
Original post by biomed_

I haven't 😔 what are your predicted/achieved grades?
Reply 792
Original post by biomed_
I've got unconditionals from Dundee, Robert Gordon and Glasgow Cale. A conditional from Aberdeen so just waiting for Edinburgh! What about you?

I'm waiting for Edinburgh too but I've got offers from Aberdeen and Newcastle.Good luck! Keep us updated!!! Is Edinburgh your firm choice?
Original post by biomed_

When did you apply and which grades do you have?
Anyone got any offers for MA Economics L100 ?
Reply 795
Original post by radioface
I haven't 😔 what are your predicted/achieved grades?

Original post by CristinaOS
I'm waiting for Edinburgh too but I've got offers from Aberdeen and Newcastle.Good luck! Keep us updated!!! Is Edinburgh your firm choice?

Original post by элли

Glasgow Cale is my top choice because of the placement they offer in 3rd year, I also loved the atmosphere of the uni when i was there. For my highers I got AABBB. This year I'm doing Advanced Higher German and Biology and Higher Geography.
Any offers for International Business?
Reply 797
Original post by элли

and I applied 1st of Dec
Original post by PLM98
I think ill make Edinburgh my first choice as well, our course has a massive list of cool modules and a great programme structure. I applied for St Andrews too! :biggrin:(Maths and TP). I also applied to Warwick, Imperial and Bath. Thank you!!

Yay! The Mathematical Physics course is quite sexy indeed. I love the modules included in it, it's a great balance between physics and pure maths; very exciting. You have applied to some great unis there hehe ^^. In all honesty, I don't know why I applied to St Andrews, it's way too far and remote (an excellent institution, but not my cup of tea really).
Reply 799
Yay! The Mathematical Physics course is quite sexy indeed. I love the modules included in it, it's a great balance between physics and pure maths; very exciting. You have applied to some great unis there hehe ^^. In all honesty, I don't know why I applied to St Andrews, it's way too far and remote (an excellent institution, but not my cup of tea really).

I think I am going to have to exceed the 120 credits per year limit, too many good stuff going on in the last years :biggrin: Yeah I know what you mean but a lot of people say it is like a small community where everyone knows each other and there is always stuff to do, so I don't know, I am going to visit both in Feb to help me make a decision. Right now I feel Edinburgh will be my first though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending