The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ntanationa
OMG are you human tho... I bet you applied to quite a few Ivies! Im sure you'll get in :wink:

Haha thank you!! I just test really well. My school is very big on testing, so I don't get nervous before the big ones. I only applied to one Ivy (Brown) because I don't really like the structure of schools in the US. That's part of why I applied to Edinburgh and other British unis.

Original post by IsScientist
I applied mainly in the UK and one in the US, Madison.
Which Uni did you apply to?

Whoops I meant to write nine schools, not nine years. Brown, Oberlin, a few safeties... A mix of schools that have the structure I want, the courses I want and the price I want :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by HistoryStudent1
Hi everyone, I just received a lenient offer of ABB for Linguistics :smile: so I'll hopefully be starting in September.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahI15
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

October 13th
Original post by HistoryStudent1
October 13th

Ah great stuff! I applied late November so we're getting there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got Linguistics too, Abb. Applied in early October. See ya there hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 985
Any Mathematical Physics applicants waiting to hear back??
Original post by sjohnson98
Haha thank you!! I just test really well. My school is very big on testing, so I don't get nervous before the big ones. I only applied to one Ivy (Brown) because I don't really like the structure of schools in the US. That's part of why I applied to Edinburgh and other British unis.

You're welcome! Ahh okay, it makes sense :smile: And congrats on your offer! :smile:
Original post by PepperPotts
Has anybody heard from the psychology department? Edinburgh's my first choice by far and the last one to make a decision, I'm so nervous!

same omg i think they just havent started with psychology yet *fingers crossed*
Original post by sjohnson98
Got an unconditional for history!

Congratulations on your offer amigo. Was it just History? And is it an undergraduate?
Literally dying inside waiting for Edinburgh to make a choice on me - naturally asked them if they'd started giving out Chinese MA offers yet and just got the standard 'we're giving out offers currently, you should know by the end of March!' but it's no comfort because I already know that and it didn't really answer my question :,) Hopefully if Linguistics offers have started going out, maybe the languages department is about to get the bulk of it's offer out, too? #hopeful
Original post by Ivoryfall
Hopefully if Linguistics offers have started going out, maybe the languages department is about to get the bulk of it's offer out, too? #hopeful

I received my conditional offer for a PhD in Russian this morning - shouldn't be too long now!
Original post by chanandler-bong
I received my conditional offer for a PhD in Russian this morning - shouldn't be too long now!

Even though my course is Undergrad, you have brought me hope <3 And many grats on your PHD offer! You must be delighted!
Reply 992
I've made Edinburgh my insurance choice! Also does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for applicants?
Just got a conditional offer to study MA economics
Anyone still waiting for English and History or English or History?
Original post by calliper
Congratulations on your offer amigo. Was it just History? And is it an undergraduate?

Thanks! Good ol' history, nothing else. And it is indeed undergraduate.
Original post by sarahmcallister

I'm waiting for English and History :h:
Applied around the 1st of December and trying not to get too stressed about the fact they haven't answered me yet haha :laugh: (also patiently waiting on a decision from St. Andrews :/ )
Anyone else for philosophy and psychology? Offer was only ABB expected AAA so bit confused. Haven't visited yet but think I might insurance it does anyone know whether you can just visit? X

yep my friend still waiting on history and other friend english & history!

I'm waiting on History and Sociology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending