The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to everyone that got their offers!! And good luck to those that are still waiting, hope to see you there from September.
(edited 8 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Is there anyone here waiting on an offer for Physical Education or let me know if you already been offered a place.
Original post by Ivoryfall
I'm a mature applicant for Chinese studies, last year I applied and was waiting until April to be rejected, so I've been here before and I'm hoping for a merciful end! An offer is what I want, but knowing take quite so long and having waited so long already, is pretty emotionally draining.
What about yourself?

Is April pretty standard for mature applicants, do you know?
Original post by MouseyBrown
Is April pretty standard for mature applicants, do you know?

When I rang and spoke to the admissions chap, he said all applicants are assessed equally in the same time-frame, so it's no more typical than anyone else applying to wait that long.
Original post by Ivoryfall
When I rang and spoke to the admissions chap, he said all applicants are assessed equally in the same time-frame, so it's no more typical than anyone else applying to wait that long.

Ah ok thanks. Just want to know either way really so I can make decisions.
Original post by MouseyBrown
Ah ok thanks. Just want to know either way really so I can make decisions.

Me too :/ I made a post a page or so ago detailing the contents of the phonecall incase it might be of help to you.
Reply 1186
Offer for Mathematics and Statistics (A*AA) (EU student)
Reply 1187
Original post by Rcnl
Offer for Mathematics and Statistics (A*AA) (EU student)

Enhorabuena!!
Reply 1188
Anyone who has an offer for Economics and Politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibac

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but I'm waiting for Politics and History
Reply 1190
Offer for History (AAB - applying from England)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone waiting for sport and recreation management?
Anyone still waiting for a law or law and politics offer? Applied in October with 4As and a B at Higher and have had no word. Loosing hope 😕
Original post by erose98
Anyone still waiting for a law or law and politics offer? Applied in October with 4As and a B at Higher and have had no word. Loosing hope 😕

yup, applied in mid October, no news yet. the wait is really frustrating
Original post by erose98

Yeah, I applied for law in the middle of December & also have AAAAB from 5th year. A girl in my year, who has AAAAA from 5th, received an unconditional offer at the end of last week.

Where else have you applied?
Original post by Kate.18
yup, applied in mid October, no news yet. the wait is really frustrating

Original post by erose98

Original post by MsTabitha
Yeah, I applied for law in the middle of December & also have AAAAB from 5th year. A girl in my year, who has AAAAA from 5th, received an unconditional offer at the end of last week.

Where else have you applied?

Can I just say that you all give me hope haha. We're in this together ! And a friend of my friends recently got a rejection for law and ir ! Which is not exactly the same but at the same time the same department....
Is anyone else giving up hope?
I sent my application of 12 weeks ago which doesn't seem like that long to wait but they are taking absolutely ages with it.
Original post by guzz6
Can I just say that you all give me hope haha. We're in this together ! And a friend of my friends recently got a rejection for law and ir ! Which is not exactly the same but at the same time the same department....

Hey, guzz!
Interesting news on the rejection front - with all due commiserations to your friend's friend, naturally.
Original post by laurabeth18
Is anyone else giving up hope?
I sent my application of 12 weeks ago which doesn't seem like that long to wait but they are taking absolutely ages with it.

So did I, but not many people in my Sixth Form have had offers yet from Edinburgh! I think they are just very slow. Also I seem to have noticed that applicants without Home/EU status are getting offers first, so if you have Home/EU status, don't worry. We are all in the same boat
Original post by Ibac

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, applied in October and still waiting! To all those who applied to this program or anything at the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (that's what this program falls under), I talked to the admissions officer and he said they only recently started looking at the applications (for whatever reasons they didn't specify) and hope to have answers out to all of us by the end of March. Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending