The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting for MA psychology. I really what to get an offer and firm Edinburgh but I'm doubtful. Still waiting for 2 other universities aswell. So impatient lol
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Middleton98
I've got an unconditional for Business & Geography! :h:

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your grades are and when you applied? :smile:
hey guys, i applied for economics and politics at Edinburgh but i haven't heard anything yet... Is there someone who got an offer for this degree or a related one? I will graduate in Germany with 1.5 overall. Compared to the IB this would be a score of 39. Do you guys think I have a chance to get an offer?
Original post by viktorfrederik
hey guys, i applied for economics and politics at Edinburgh but i haven't heard anything yet... Is there someone who got an offer for this degree or a related one? I will graduate in Germany with 1.5 overall. Compared to the IB this would be a score of 39. Do you guys think I have a chance to get an offer?

Hey! I got an offer for this course, am EU as well. I have predicted IB 42. I think you do have a chance at getting in. If you haven't heard back yet it means they are still considering you :smile:
Original post by ntanationa
Hey! I got an offer for this course, am EU as well. I have predicted IB 42. I think you do have a chance at getting in. If you haven't heard back yet it means they are still considering you :smile:

wow, IB 42 is amazing! do you hold an unconditional offer? thank your for friendly reply, I hope to see you soon in Edinburgh!
I'm also waiting for edinburgh (economics & politics) to reply. I also applied to Aberdeen and UCL but got a rejection from UCL. :frown: They said that I wouldn't meet their predicted grades requirements but that is wrong... I'm from Germany and my grades are definitely fitting the requirements. Good luck to all of you guys

Sorry, sent this an hour ago... don't know what happened :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by viktorfrederik
wow, IB 42 is amazing! do you hold an unconditional offer? thank your for friendly reply, I hope to see you soon in Edinburgh!

Thanks! No, I have a conditional offer :smile: Good luck! Hope to see you soon then :wink:
Original post by slothonist
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your grades are and when you applied? :smile:

Thanks! I got AAAAC in my Highers last year. I received a conditional for Glasgow a couple of weeks ago for the same course so I was expecting to get a conditional from Edinburgh as well if I was to get an offer so I was really shocked when I got an unconditional!

Edinburgh is definitely my top choice and I can't wait to go 😄 Do you mind me asking what you applied for?
Thanks! I got AAAAC in my Highers last year. I received a conditional for Glasgow a couple of weeks ago for the same course so I was expecting to get a conditional from Edinburgh as well if I was to get an offer so I was really shocked when I got an unconditional!

Edinburgh is definitely my top choice and I can't wait to go 😄 Do you mind me asking what you applied for?

Congrat! When did you hear back from Edinburgh? Impatiently waiting lol :P
Original post by Kate345
Congrat! When did you hear back from Edinburgh? Impatiently waiting lol :P

I heard back last Thursday, I had heard back from all my other choices so I was really nervous waiting for the email. I can't believe how long it has taken them to give people offers, I got an unconditional from Strathclyde less than a week after I had sent my application :smile:
any computer science or engineering applicants here?
chem eng applicant here
I heard back last Thursday, I had heard back from all my other choices so I was really nervous waiting for the email. I can't believe how long it has taken them to give people offers, I got an unconditional from Strathclyde less than a week after I had sent my application :smile:

Yeah. Glasgow gave me an offer two weeks after I sent my application. Two weeks after that I got a rejection from Strathclyde tho :/ Just praying Edinburgh don't reject me too as that's where I really want to go :smile:
Original post by Malayika
chem eng applicant here

what are your conditions? first or second year entry? what you studying?
B in Advanced Higher Maths
First year entry
Chemical Engineering (MEng) :smile: You?

(I'm doing 3 Advanced Highers in Maths, Chemistry and Physics if that's what you meant by what am i studying?:colondollar:)
(edited 8 years ago)
B in Advanced Higher Maths
First year entry
Chemical Engineering (MEng) :smile: You?

BEng Electronics and Software Engineering [1st year, A in A-Level Mathematics]
are you from scotland? i'm from england
Yeah I'm a Scottish applicant, is Edinburgh your first choice?
Original post by Kate345
Yeah. Glasgow gave me an offer two weeks after I sent my application. Two weeks after that I got a rejection from Strathclyde tho :/ Just praying Edinburgh don't reject me too as that's where I really want to go :smile:

Fingers crossed you'll hear from them soon and hopefully I'll see you down in Edinburgh in September! :smile:
Yeah I'm a Scottish applicant, is Edinburgh your first choice?

yep
Original post by shatterhand
Hey all. Does someone has information what are the requirements for the people applying for Computer Science with SAT and SAT Subject tests?

Minimum requirements 1800 - SAT (600+ in every section), 650 - SAT Subject Tests, 4 in AP calculus

Please note though it's the minimum requirements and when I called them they said it's unlikely that you would get an offer with this score due to the number of applicants this year.

Hope it helps!

(Are you from the US?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending