The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Went to St A's today for the open day and wasn't a fan at all. I was planning on firming it, but not anymore. Got back to Edinburgh Waverley and started wandering about the place, and I've kinda fallen in love with the city. The problem now is whether I choose Birmingham (unconditional), Edinburgh, or Bristol (which I haven't seen yet) all of which I have an offer English Lit and Philosophy. What do you guys think? I'm currently typing this from an Edinburgh hotel and yeah haha, this place is pretty awesome (I come from Essex in south-east England)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Fizzster21
Went to St A's today for the open day and wasn't a fan at all. I was planning on firming it, but not anymore. Got back to Edinburgh Waverley and started wandering about the place, and I've kinda fallen in love with the city. The problem now is whether I choose Birmingham (unconditional), Edinburgh, or Bristol (which I haven't seen yet) all of which I have an offer English Lit and Philosophy. What do you guys think? I'm currently typing this from an Edinburgh hotel and yeah haha, this place is pretty awesome (I come from Essex in south-east England)

I had applied to St. Andrews as well as Edinburgh. I received unconditionals for both due to me sitting highers last year. I firmed Edinburgh as soon as I received all my offers and I have no doubt in my mind that it was the best decision. Today was the third time I'd been to the uni and compared to the rest there is no question that in my opinion it's the best place to be. (I applied for Computer Science and AI) Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slothonist
Got a conditional offer for Geography after 4 and a half months of waiting!
Ironically, I was at the St Andrews visiting day when I received the e-mail😂

Congrats! Thats brilliant news! So will you be firming Edinburgh?!
Original post by JP298
I had applied to St. Andrews as well as Edinburgh. I received unconditionals for both due to me sitting highers last year. I firmed Edinburgh as soon as I received all my offers and I have no doubt in my mind that it was the best decision. Today was the third time I'd been to the uni and compared to the rest there is no question that in my opinion it's the best place to be. (I applied for Computer Science and AI) Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello again! What were your grades if you don't mind me asking? I remember they were really good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yammy
Hello again! What were your grades if you don't mind me asking? I remember they were really good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Yeah, Straight A's for 8 N5's and the same for 5 highers. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by camd97
Congrats! Thats brilliant news! So will you be firming Edinburgh?!

Thank you!
Im not sure yet, i liked St Andrews more than i thought I would so I'm kinda struggling to decide
Rejection for politics. 5 months of waiting. love it.
"Your application to The University of Edinburgh for Politics has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place."
Kept it nice and vague didn't they.
Original post by Henry97
Rejection for politics. 5 months of waiting. love it.

Sorry to hear this mate :frown: Where else did you apply to?
Original post by gofios
Sorry to hear this mate :frown: Where else did you apply to?

Cheers.
Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and York.
Got offers from all 4 so I'm hardly in the worst position.

You?
Original post by Henry97
Cheers.
Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and York.
Got offers from all 4 so I'm hardly in the worst position.

You?

Exeter, Durham, Edinburgh, LSE and Manchester! Only got offers from Exeter and Manchester. Firmed Exeter and declined Manchester lets see how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1791
Direct entry to second year mmath anybody?
Original post by Prob&Stat
I just checked the typical offer for economics related courses and it seems to have shot up from 37 points to 43 points (IB)! Is this the reality for people with conditional offers? Though it does say it's for 2017 entry.. It just seems like a huge leap and in itself it seems ridiculously high..

Definitely true. My conditional offer (minimum to satisfy the offer) is 40 points with 766 at HL and a 6 in Maths SL. It's crazy!
Original post by ntanationa
Definitely true. My conditional offer (minimum to satisfy the offer) is 40 points with 766 at HL and a 6 in Maths SL. It's crazy!

Wow, even that's a big leap! May I ask what your predicted grade was and what course you applied for?
Just firmed Edinburgh! Very exciting :smile:
Has anyone not heard back at all yet?
I got an email saying that they were overloaded and now they're getting them out by next Wednesday latest
Original post by SpikeLWright
I got an email saying that they were overloaded and now they're getting them out by next Wednesday latest

Really?? I haven't received anything, when did you get it?
Original post by SpikeLWright

Huh, thanks for letting us know!
Original post by Fizzster21

Hi i know this has nothing to do with what you are asking but in your 3rd year you may find yourself in need of people to complete surveys for you to help collect data for you dissertation. This is where I am at in life right now. FUN TIMES!

In your post you mentioned you was from essex which means you are perfect for filling out a very quick survey for me. Your help will mean a great deal to my research and will only take you 2 minutes! if that!I'd be ever so grateful if you could complete this survey for me

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16humqEPHJmqTxTXsiFl8SYa3BPZ7HdmnHEWrVbwQj50/viewform

Thank you and good luck with picking a uni!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending